GSOC 2019 draft proposal for "use machine learning to improve suggestions" project
Hello,
I'm fady faragallah ,a 4th year student at ain shams university faculty of engineering computer department.I’m interested in machine learning field in fact my graduation project in this specific area which I’m using deep learning (cnn in specific) and image processing using python. I’ve taken the deep learning and cnn specialization in coursera and have trained and tested models for lane detection and came up with good results so I’m applying for this project as I’m willing to improve my knowledge in the field and building new model to face new challenges and problems in which I’m interested at.
here's a link to my proposal draft with the initial proposed timeline : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhTI...sp=sharing
Thank you.
so here's the link to my proposal draft 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhTI...sp=sharing
feedback and discussion on the proposal draft are more than welcome (the document is open for comments) and tell me if there's any thing I need to change or improve.
Thank you.
Hello, Fady!
I'm an applicant here, just as you. From Cairo uni. I'm applying to another project not the machine learning one.
Anyway, I checked your proposal, out of curiosity mainly, but I read pretty much all of it and added some suggestions and edits to it. Mostly just English corrections and punctuation. I couldn't help it. LOL
Hope it helps, check them.
Good luck! Smile
Hey there, this seems to be missing some important points for me, the top one being that it seems to just recommend any movie. So it's not scoped to the movies the user actually has in his library.
Ok, this is similar to face recognition model I've studied in a way that the model is given 2 images and find how similar they are instead of given 1 image and trying to search every image to get the best match. So the model can be made that given the history of the user and suggesting the best match in his library that he would likely be interested in watching.
Further more improvements can be done that after a user watching a movie that the model suggested and give his feedback on how much he found the movie interesting. Then this data can be used to train the model for better accuracy even after the model has been into deployment.
(2019-03-29, 13:10)Radwa Wrote: Hello, Fady!
I'm an applicant here, just as you. From Cairo uni. I'm applying to another project not the machine learning one.
Anyway, I checked your proposal, out of curiosity mainly, but I read pretty much all of it and added some suggestions and edits to it. Mostly just English corrections and punctuation. I couldn't help it. LOL
Hope it helps, check them.
Good luck! Smile

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help
@Razze 
I've updated my proposal and shown the algorithms I will be working on the document in the following link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IJj2...sp=sharing

so please tell me what do you think and can I submit on the gsoc site?
thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSOC 2019 draft proposal for "use machine learning to improve suggestions" project0