Is it possible to have more than 1 video library?
Is it possible to have more than 1 video library? 

I ask because my server has problems and I'm not sure if I can recover the data. But in the meantime I would like to keep the library just in case.

But at the moment I would like to start another library because I'm sick of not having movie and TV series info.

If you can't have more than 1 library, can I save certain files, clear down the library and start again. Then if I recover my server I can combine both lots of data and update the original library.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328201
using nodes
(2019-04-13, 10:32)the_other_guy Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328201
using nodes

Thanks for the reply.

First up the data for the library will not be online so I don't want to change this library in any way. Also I don't have the Tiny Media Manager data as it is on the server and not accessible at this time.  Also I would rather not see the data in this library for now as there are thousands of Movies/TV Series. 

Secondly I will be using a completely different drive (probably Cloud) for the new data. Will nodes do this? And can I find examples of something like this?

Edit: Sorry missed your forum link above
If you're happy messing about in android files then move or rename the following files from your kodi data folder(wherever it is)...
userdata/Database/Myvideosxx .db (there may be multiples, the highest version is your library but all need to be moved / renamed)
userdata/Database/Textures13.db
userdata/Thumbnails

Move those out and your library and all artwork is gone, so you start your library from scratch.
Move them back and your original library is back.
The only one it's essential to save is the highest numbered Myvideosxx.db - any lower numbered ones aren't used, and textures database / thumbnails will be recached (which just slows things down a bit).

In theory you could have a separate library using profiles, but they seem to be fairly problematic at the moment.  Might be worth a go if you're not comfortable with the above though.
(2019-04-13, 14:39)trogggy Wrote: If you're happy messing about in android files then move or rename the following files from your kodi data folder(wherever it is)...
userdata/Database/Myvideosxx .db (there may be multiples, the highest version is your library but all need to be moved / renamed)
userdata/Database/Textures13.db
userdata/Thumbnails

Move those out and your library and all artwork is gone, so you start your library from scratch.
Move them back and your original library is back.
The only one it's essential to save is the highest numbered Myvideosxx.db - any lower numbered ones aren't used, and textures database / thumbnails will be recached (which just slows things down a bit).

In theory you could have a separate library using profiles, but they seem to be fairly problematic at the moment.  Might be worth a go if you're not comfortable with the above though.

Thanks for that Trogggy, very much appreciated. That's exactly what I want to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to have more than 1 video library?0