not all tv shows are shown in Kodi
Hello,

new to Kodi,

I'm running kodi on window's but the database is located on my nas (SQL)

On my nas i have a folder called films and a subfolder called tv-shows
The films and tv-shows are in maps, same name as the film or tv-show

In each map i have the film and the .srt same name as film
For tv shows there are  subfolders with for example american gods.S01.E01 + .srt, american gods.S01.E02 + .srt and so on

Problem i have is that Kodi sees a lot of the tv-shows but not all...
Some tv-shows are not shown at all at kodi, others are shown and ok... and there all with the same file system..
If i go to the NAS and use ds video from synology then they are all there..!

Anyone have an idea what is causing the problem?
(2019-04-16, 16:35)stapper56 Wrote: On my nas i have a folder called films and a subfolder called tv-shows

TVshows should NOT be a subfolder of the MOVIES folder.
It requires its own root folder so that content settings can be set properly.
(or perhaps I read your statement wrong)

Other than that, provide a debug log (wiki), so we perhaps can see if your folders and filenaming are indeed correct.
In order for a TV show to appear with proper data it needs to be found here: https://www.thetvdb.com/  If Kodi cannot scrape the data it will not update. Some shows are problematic just by their title. Case in point, any show the appears on PBS "Masterpiece..." will not scrape without manual intervention.
(2019-04-17, 09:39)GeoffG Wrote: In order for a TV show to appear with proper data it needs to be found here: https://www.thetvdb.com/
No, it needs to be found here for the default Kodi scraper... https://www.themoviedb.org/?language=en-US

If you have changed your scraper then, yes, it is as you say.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-17, 09:39)GeoffG Wrote: In order for a TV show to appear with proper data it needs to be found here

FYI, Kodi 18 has changed the default scraper for TV shows to TMDB / TheMovieDB.
Too many problems relating to the TheTVDB scraping resulted in this.
(2019-04-17, 10:01)Klojum Wrote: Too many problems relating to the TheTVDB scraping resulted in this. 

Is there a link to an explanation of this? I'm just curious. Like to make a more informed decision in choosing my scraper.
I .. don't think there is one. It was just a culmination of errors in scraping, problems in connecting, stuff like that. The proverbial "straw that broke the camel’s back".
You can still select the TVDB as a scraper as far as I know, so you can see for yourself. If it works 100% for your collection, fine.
(2019-04-17, 10:06)Kriven Wrote: Is there a link to an explanation of this? I'm just curious. Like to make a more informed decision in choosing my scraper.
No. Just read all the complaints at the TVDB forum and it will give you an idea the sorry state of their database... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=116

I suggest you stick with TheMovieDB. If you are going to the effort of making an informed decision, then research it on a TV Show basis. Ready to scrape a TV show- then look up the entries at both sites and see which info you are happy with. But swapping scrapers like that is not really recommended as it can lead to scraping frustrations in the future when you forget which one you scraped with.

Though I have been advised there is a major announcement from them due in the next 2 weeks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
hello again...

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4NYgMYJcfg/

I hope I've done that one right... the first two option said the log was to long.. Smile

Let me explain a little bit..
First keep on mind I'm new with kodi...

On my NAS I have a share folder with permission for NFS so kodi can reach them
In the share there is a folder for films and there is a folder for tvshows
For films i have maps with the same name as the film and a .srt with the same name, and sometimes a .vsmeta ( because my nas has made that)
For tv shows there is a map with name tv show let's say breaking bad for example the a sub for the season called in this case breaking bad S01 and in that subfolders breaking bad.S01.E01, breaking bad.S02.E02 and so on, with the .srt with the same name

For music:

Folder name of artist and in it subfolders name album, and in it for example 01 I'm A Train.mp3

I have kodi configured that each time it starts it will go and look if there is new media, but I saw it's finished much to quick, so there will be a fault I think.
I still use ds video from synology, and an Itunes server, and those two have no problems and sees them all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not all tv shows are shown in Kodi0