Audio gapless + fade in/out at pause or stop
Hi,

I am a very old users of KODI (xbmc on xbox 360) and Kodi 18.2 with Aeon MQ8 is wonderfull.

BUT :

I can't understand why Kodi doesn't offers 2 easy fonctions that even any poor mobile phone has :

1/ Audio gapless to have good crossfade between tracks
The crossfade suffer a lot of this lack (no real crossafade)

2/ Audio fade in/out when pause or stop

Could you make this 2 easy fonctions in KODI ?
(2019-04-26, 12:44)free08 Wrote: Could you make this 2 easy fonctions in KODI ?

Oh, they are easy?! Good, I too had that feeling already, that implementing new functionality into Kodi wasn't any more difficult than buying a loaf of bread. Smile

Kodi has indeed already a crossover function. I'm not a Kodi-specific developer, but claiming upfront that something is "easy" is a bit presumptuous. Remember that Kodi needs to work on a variety of different machines, different operating systems... The number of combinations are pretty much endless.

But, we'll put your request to all the others we've received. Who knows what will be in store for Kodi 19.
(2019-04-26, 13:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 12:44)free08 Wrote: Could you make this 2 easy fonctions in KODI ?

Oh, they are easy?! Good, I too had that feeling already, that implementing new functionality into Kodi wasn't any more difficult than buying a loaf of bread. Smile

Kodi has indeed already a crossover function. I'm not a Kodi-specific developer, but claiming upfront that something is "easy" is a bit presumptuous. Remember that Kodi needs to work on a variety of different machines, different operating systems... The number of combinations are pretty much endless.

But, we'll put your request to all the others we've received. Who knows what will be in store for Kodi 19. 
Sorry if you take bad the term of "easy".

I am not a coder but when i see all the little free players that have these fonctions, i could imagine that skilled coders of kodi could.

Kodi would be greater in audio with that indispensable fonctions.

Also an otion to view embedded tiltes covers in flac/mp3 is very impoortant.
The only way to see them is on party mode. why can we see them when playing folders ?

Kodi coders : dont forget the audio part of your soft ! Smile
We already have gapless and crossfade, so I'm not exactly sure what behaviour you think is missing.

As for "embedded tiltes covers" if you mean covers embedded in the tags then we also display these already in all views.
(2019-04-27, 10:03)jjd-uk Wrote: HiWe already have gapless and crossfade, so I'm not exactly sure what behaviour you think is missing.

As for "embedded tiltes covers" if you mean covers embedded in the tags then we also display these already in all views.
Hi,

If there is a gapless, it is not working correctly because the fade out finish before the fade in start
So the crossfade isn't fluid as other software as foobar on PC and lot of phone software.

For the mp3 embedeed, i would like to know how you succeed.
Kodi show only the cover folder on playing, never the embedded, exept if i'am in party mode

Thank you for your reply
Gapless is when tracks flow from one to another without any gap, so the track after the one you are listening to immediately follows without any delay. If what you are talking about is fading out one track while fading in another, this is purely crossfade and nothing to do with gapless playback. If you want the new track to fade in before the current track completely fades out then you may need to adjust the settings at https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/M...ween_songs

As for your cover problem, I'm still not too clear exactly what your issue is. If you have a folder.jpg cover image in the folder containing the tracks then yes I believe that overrrides the embedded cover, simply solution is to not have any folder.jpg covers if you want to see the embedded cover. If you mean something else then explain more clearly giving an example of something in your collection that doesn't appear as you think it should.
(2019-04-29, 16:41)jjd-uk Wrote: Gapless is when tracks flow from one to another without any gap, so the track after the one you are listening to immediately follows without any delay. If what you are talking about is fading out one track while fading in another, this is purely crossfade and nothing to do with gapless playback. If you want the new track to fade in before the current track completely fades out then you may need to adjust the settings at https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/M...ween_songs

As for your cover problem, I'm still not too clear exactly what your issue is. If you have a folder.jpg cover image in the folder containing the tracks then yes I believe that overrrides the embedded cover, simply solution is to not have any folder.jpg covers if you want to see the embedded cover. If you mean something else then explain more clearly giving an example of something in your collection that doesn't appear as you think it should.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

1/ For gapless, i think it is a bad english translation.
it is more Skip silence" at the beginning or end tracks that i wanted to say

As i said, Kodi has a bad crossfading because a lot of time the the fade out finish before the fade in start (even if you put 2 or 8s)
Perhaps it is because Kodi don't "skip silence" to make a good crossafading (as foobar or lot of others)

It would be nice to have this fonction

2/ i (and some millions) play 99% my songs collections with folders (soul/funk/...)
each folder have a folder.jpg to see a good picture when browsing

In this way, kodi use only the folder.jpg and not the mp3 covers embedded.

It would be nice that you add an option to force the use of mp3 covers embedded.
It is a really lack and all software do that (Foobar/samsung music/stellio/poweramp/neutron/...)

3/ We really need a fade in/ou at stop and pause !
Actually Kodi stop the track stop tracks suddently.
It would be cool to have a nice fade as all others music player

Kodi is an incredibble software and could be one of the top music player with these 3 features Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio gapless + fade in/out at pause or stop0