customize main menu
HI,
after searching for hours I decided to pop my question here, hope there is somebody helping me out.
I've installed the latest kodi version on my raspberry 3 B. All my data is stored on my nas and with nfs enabled I stream movies, series to my rp via ethernet.
That's works fine at all. I customized the menu with "german movies", "english movies" and use smart playlists to filter them to the right menu entry.
Here is the thing: I allthougt have short fleeting movie clips from my cam these can't be scraped and I don't want to add nfo files to each of them, because they wont' stay for long.
Usually I delete them after two month.
Is it possible to add a playlist or so to the menu entry that shows the folders / data items in a list view? Thats quite all I don't need any additional information to the clips
But at the moment the files didn't show up. The list is empty
Thanks Sherly
(2019-04-27, 15:41)Sherly Wrote: Is it possible to add a playlist or so to the menu entry that shows the folders / data items in a list view?
Yes, but do not use a playlist.

First add the folder that holds your temporary home videos as a Source in Kodi. It doesn't matter what content you set it to as we won't use it.

Then create your new menu item and follow this to add the folder...

Change Action > Video Library > Sources > Select your Source > Create menu item to here > Files view
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-27, 22:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 15:41)Sherly Wrote: Is it possible to add a playlist or so to the menu entry that shows the folders / data items in a list view?
Yes, but do not use a playlist.

First add the folder that holds your temporary home videos as a Source in Kodi. It doesn't matter what content you set it to as we won't use it.

Then create your new menu item and follow this to add the folder...

Change Action > Video Library > Sources > Select your Source > Create menu item to here > Files view 
Ah splendid, that's what I was looking for. Thanks for your assistance.
Sorry if this is a silly question but, with this method, would successfully scraped shows still show up with the scraped metadata?

At the moment, I record lots of TV (via TVHeadend) and I have the recording folder added to TV Shows as the source.

Lots of shows, for some reason or another, never show up in the library and given that I will not want to keep most of what I record, it is not worth going through the effort of making the changes to make it scrape correctly.

I was wondering whether this might be a way of allowing scraped shows to show up but to also show the filenames of those that don't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
customize main menu0