v18 Kodi 18.2 and embedded video tags aren´t working
Hi,

I´m running Kodi 18.2 (on a MAC mini) and have issues with the embedded video tags in my movies as mentioned in the official documentation (https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging). I Tagged 5 movies (3 MKV + 2 MP4) with icon and other details via MediaX (http://www.danhinsley.com/index.html). Then I enabled the option Settings>Media Settings>Videos>Use video tags. I then started a new scan from my library. However Kodi only added the *.mp4 files. The MKV files where missing. It looks like if I can reproduce that issue. I tagged another 5 movies (3 MKV + 2 MP4) from another PC and Kodi started to show the 2 new mp4 files after a new scan, however the additional 3 MKV files are still missing in the library.

I know it is an experimental feature, however it would be quite cool if I could add the infos required IN the file, because MKV is basically a container which was build to do exactly that.

So is there maybe some additional step required which I missed or might I be discovered a bug somehow?
It might be a while before anybody looks at your issue as the developers that implemented it are away, but you could start off by providing a screenshot of the tags in the mkv file. Make sure all tags and their values are visible.

Might be worth providing a screenshot for the mp4 file as well for comparison.

A Debug Log will help also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-16, 22:03)Karellen Wrote: It might be a while before anybody looks at your issue as the developers that implemented it are away, but you could start off by providing a screenshot of the tags in the mkv file. Make sure all tags and their values are visible.

Might be worth providing a screenshot for the mp4 file as well for comparison.

A Debug Log will help also.
Which tool might be usefull to create such captures? VLC for example only shows a subset of details. And with MediaX its easily to be reproduced with any kind of movie I think.
(2019-05-17, 14:10)AndreiP Wrote: Which tool might be usefull to create such captures
No idea. I have zero experience with video tags. You would be in a better position to figure that out as you have some experience with them.

(2019-05-17, 14:10)AndreiP Wrote: And with MediaX its easily to be reproduced with any kind of movie I think.
I am sure it is easy to reproduce the problem. But I have no media that is tagged, nor do I want to spend time trying to reproduce it, especially for a feature I never use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reproducing it super easy and takes only 3 min or so ... download and install MediaX (http://www.danhinsley.com/index.html). Load a movie with that tool, enter the movie title in the search bar, select the correct result from the findings. Press apply and you have a tagged movie (you can tag up to 5 movies with the trial version, then you need to buy the tool for 10 Euro). You can then open the movie in VLC and you can see under details all the embedded video tags details including a cover. So I would say the MediaX Tool is following the MKV standard (seen here).

However in Kodi the embedded video tags didn´t come up if the movie is an *.mkv only if an *.mp4 video. As its working for *.mp4 files the feature in general seamed to be working. Technically if I understood the code correctly, there should be no difference if the file is an *.mp4 or *.mkv both should be proceeded (see merged change here or here).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.2 and embedded video tags aren´t working0