More animated Gif installed on Skin MQ8
Hello

I use the box zidoo x20 pro on which I installed ZDMC 18.2 and put the skin MQ8 everything is passed but no animated gif installed why?

before under zdmc 17.6 I used the skin MQ7 and everything was ok! can you help me ?

thanks in advance

Mike
ZDMC is a Kodi fork released by Zidoo. Please contact them for further details.
I do not think this is a problem of Zidoo (ZUDMC) because the MQ7 version under Zidoo works with the animated gif
(2019-05-31, 10:55)Mike413 Wrote: I do not think this is a problem of Zidoo (ZUDMC) because the MQ7 version under Zidoo works with the animated gif
I have the exact same issue which just seems to have started to happen recently on MQ8.
(2019-05-31, 10:40)Klojum Wrote: ZDMC is a Kodi fork released by Zidoo. Please contact them for further details.

Hi

I'm using Kodi Leia and this is happening to me now too. It started about a week or two ago (maybe less) for me.
(2019-06-01, 00:33)E net Wrote: I'm using Kodi Leia and this is happening to me now too. It started about a week or two ago (maybe less) for me.

Okay. Kodi runs on a multitude of operating systems, so more information other than "me too" is always welcome.
If it is a pure skin problem, then its developer(s) can start brainstorming for a solution.
(2019-06-01, 07:26)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-01, 00:33)E net Wrote: I'm using Kodi Leia and this is happening to me now too. It started about a week or two ago (maybe less) for me.

Okay. Kodi runs on a multitude of operating systems, so more information other than "me too" is always welcome.
If it is a pure skin problem, then its developer(s) can start brainstorming for a solution. 
Nvidia Shield
Android 8
Kodi 18.2
Aeon MQ8 (although I've tried the basic Estuary and the same "seems" to happen there too)

What else?
K
(2019-06-01, 08:35)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-01, 07:26)Klojum Wrote:

Nvidia Shield
Android 8
Kodi 18.2
Aeon MQ8 (although I've tried the basic Estuary and the same "seems" to happen there too)

What else?
K  
I had to rebuild my library and the animated posters are not being pulled in by skin helper service.  I know skin helper is working as other features still work.  The animated posters get stored in script.module.metadatautils in the animatedgifs folder. They are in there but new one's are not being populated.  I'm using MQ7 Latts mod
(2019-06-06, 18:52)grimmace92 Wrote:
(2019-06-01, 08:35)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-01, 07:26)Klojum Wrote: Okay. Kodi runs on a multitude of operating systems, so more information other than "me too" is always welcome.
Nvidia Shield
Android 8
Kodi 18.2

What else?
K      
I had to rebuild my library and the animated posters are not being pulled in by skin helper service.  I know skin helper is working as other features still work.  The animated posters get stored in script.module.metadatautils in the animatedgifs folder. They are in there but new one's are not being populated.  I'm using MQ7 Latts mod    
That's what happened to me but slightly worse in that my animatedgifs folder is empty.
(2019-05-31, 08:14)Mike413 Wrote: I use the box zidoo x20 pro on which I installed ZDMC 18.2 and put the skin MQ8 everything is passed but no animated gif installed why?
You are a bit wrong here. This is the Kodi (former XMBC) forum.
ZDMC is a fork from Kodi (in my opionion not a good one) published by Zidoo.
You have to request support from Zidoo support website/forum.

Although kodi skins are running with forks there could my arise problems with compatibility and function and in that case we cannot help cause we all did not know what Zidoo everything has additionally built in the core code or torn out.
(2019-06-27, 02:15)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 08:14)Mike413 Wrote: I use the box zidoo x20 pro on which I installed ZDMC 18.2 and put the skin MQ8 everything is passed but no animated gif installed why?
You are a bit wrong here. This is the Kodi (former XMBC) forum.
ZDMC is a fork from Kodi (in my opionion not a good one) published by Zidoo.
You have to request support from Zidoo support website/forum.

Although kodi skins are running with forks there could my arise problems with compatibility and function and in that case we cannot help cause we all did not know what Zidoo everything has additionally built in the core code or torn out.   
With all the recent problems with Animated posters I seem to have found another one. When I use the Kodi backup Add-on, a lot of the posters revert back to the non-animated version. This is annoying because I was hoping I could back them up so if there was an issue then I could restore the backup and the Animated Gifs would re-appear.

To be honest, backups using Kodi backup always removed the animated gifs even before these recent issues. But I could always (eventually) get them back. Now I can't. Instead I have to manually re-add each one.

Finally I've worked out how to view the Kodi database and when you look at each movie you see that the database is still pointing to the original non-animated PNG even though in the skin itself the poster is an animated Gif. So I wonder which database has the movie info with links to the animated gifs?
(2019-06-29, 16:55)E net Wrote: With all the recent problems with Animated posters I seem to have found another one. When I use the Kodi backup Add-on, a lot of the posters revert back to the non-animated version. This is annoying because I was hoping I could back them up so if there was an issue then I could restore the backup and the Animated Gifs would re-appear.

To be honest, backups using Kodi backup always removed the animated gifs even before these recent issues. But I could always (eventually) get them back. Now I can't. Instead I have to manually re-add each one.

Finally I've worked out how to view the Kodi database and when you look at each movie you see that the database is still pointing to the original non-animated PNG even though in the skin itself the poster is an animated Gif. So I wonder which database has the movie info with links to the animated gifs?
If you want your animated stuff persistent/backuped try "2nd way" i described here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2864076
Also just make a backup of the "animatedgifs" folder could be a solution (C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs)
(2019-06-29, 18:47)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-06-29, 16:55)E net Wrote: With all the recent problems with Animated posters I seem to have found another one. When I use the Kodi backup Add-on, a lot of the posters revert back to the non-animated version. This is annoying because I was hoping I could back them up so if there was an issue then I could restore the backup and the Animated Gifs would re-appear.

If you want your animated stuff persistent/backuped try "2nd way" i described here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2864076
Also just make a backup of the "animatedgifs" folder could be a solution (C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs)  
Intersting. I was kind of on my way to using your second approach anyway but I stopped when I saw that that files were not animated.
BTW I PM'd you about character art. Specifically how does it work with Movie sets.

Thanks again Smile

P.S. Actually I have implemented it in my advanced settings but I've just noticed a typo lol.
(2019-06-29, 19:07)E net Wrote: Intersting. I was kind of on my way to using your second approach anyway but I stopped when I saw that that files were not animated.
In the recent thread posts of MQ 8 mod some guys are reporting it's not functional like i was working for previous versions.
Latts is on the jumps to fix that.
I'm still using a custom Mod of MQ 7, animatedfanart stuff is also working not well there so a don't use ist anymore, but animatedposter working like a charm.
(2019-06-29, 18:47)chrissix Wrote:

Looking further into this, I was pretty much doing that anyway but with a separate animated gifs directory because my files are on a NAS. As for backing up I need to explain that it's the process of backing up the files that seems to break animated posters not recovering a backup. It looks like the back up process somehow kicks resets the posters back to their defaults as set up in the Kodi database. So I loose them anyway.

What is annoying is that this all used to work with no issues up until recently but I don't know if it is the skin or Kodi. The Select animated art menu option no longer returns any animated posters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More animated Gif installed on Skin MQ84