Passthrough disabled after upgrading to 18.3
Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded Kodi to 18.3 and lost audio passthrough via HDMI.
- How I know that: audio type stream controls do not lit up on amplifier panel when playing compatible streams with Kodi

When playing movie from a BlueRay player, controls lit up correctly.
I can hear audio from multiple speakers, so it seems audio streams are decoded by Kodi.
It was working with 18.2.
In Windows amplifier's audio device shows all supported formats correctly.
I tried playing with settings, disabling/enabling passthrough etc.

Debug log (started Kodi, player a few minutes of Annihilation, quit Kodi): https://paste.kodi.tv/vakifecegu.kodi
WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized using: AE_FMT_S24NE4MSB but ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed. As a result trying to open device DIRECTSOUND:{43C183FF-292A-4AB9-A6B3-B67274029B56} which pretty well sums up your issue, no passthrough without Waspi. It appears to be one of your add-ons "NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "progress"
(2019-07-28, 19:38)PatK Wrote: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized using: AE_FMT_S24NE4MSB but ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed. As a result trying to open device DIRECTSOUND:{43C183FF-292A-4AB9-A6B3-B67274029B56} which pretty well sums up your issue, no passthrough without Waspi. It appears to be one of your add-ons "NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "progress"

Hi,

I have checked audio device settings in Windows (everything seems OK - it's set up for 7.1 channels and all audio formats are detected), Windows 10 upgraded to build 1903, loaded the latest Intel drivers for graphics/HDMI audio (it's a NUC PC), upgraded BIOS, HDMI BIOS at the latest level.
Is there anything else (specific to this error) that I can try?
I would suggest a very minimal temp portable installation https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable and without add-ons let's see if those updates are the true Villain in this issue, or is it just an add-on that is stomping on code. If the portable mode works well, it points to an add-on, but if the portable trips up too, then likely you need to try a system restore to an earlier time prior to the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough disabled after upgrading to 18.30