Kodi crashes on PI 4 when trying to scan TV Show
Hi to All,

Just installed Kodi on Raspberry PI 4 using Raspbian.
Everything is working, except scraping TV Shows, where KODI crashes, then terminates.
I am hopeless, I've tried all trivial things, and scraping TV Shows is crucial... 

Tried everything, to isolate, tried with different TV show folders, from different drives, and even with one single file, all the same:
when "Loading TV show details" dialog pops, after a few sec it freezes even the debug lines top left, then KODI terminates.
Note: Playback and scrape movies to the library is working.

I hope all details in the linked logfile, but it seems there is no error, KODI just terminates,
Please let me know if I missed any info.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uyubeteget.kodi

crashlog:
https://paste.kodi.tv/inituyaqur.kodi
We know. TVDB have upgraded their API and the current Kodi scraper is no longer compatible.
The scraper will have to be fixed. FYI, Kodi already switched to TMDB as its default scraper for TV stuff.
(2019-08-02, 22:03)Klojum Wrote: We know. TVDB have upgraded their API and the current Kodi scraper is no longer compatible.
The scraper will have to be fixed. FYI, Kodi already switched to TMDB as its default scraper for TV stuff.
Many thanks for the fast answer.
Is there any workaround or alternative TV scraping method meanwhile?
I am not sure I understand the "FYI, Kodi already switched to TMDB as its default scraper for TV stuff." sentence, is this correlated with the bug, or the fix or a workaround?
The default TV show scraper for new installs was switched from TVDB to TMDB (I think it was the first Leia Krypton release, but might have been earlier - corrected from my wise colleague below).

The scraper is in the official repo, so all you need to do is install it (it's under information providers > TV Information) and then go to the context menu for your TV show source, select "change content" and then the second line ("choose information provider") is where you tell it which scraper to use for that source. Repeat for any other TV show sources you might be using.

If you change the scraper you'll need to clean and rescan the source into your library. Kodi will offer you the option to do this if you make the change and click OK.

Whether you want to do this or wait and see if TVDB can fix the issue with their API is up to you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-02, 22:27)Listener Wrote: is this correlated with the bug, or the fix or a workaround?

No, from the start of Kodi 18 Krypton and onwards, the default scraper for TV shows was changed to TMDB.
(2019-08-02, 22:32)DarrenHill Wrote: The default TV show scraper for new installs was switched from TVDB to TMDB (I think it was the first Leia Krypton release, but might have been earlier - corrected from my wise colleague below).

The scraper is in the official repo, so all you need to do is install it (it's under information providers > TV Information) and then go to the context menu for your TV show source, select "change content" and then the second line ("choose information provider") is where you tell it which scraper to use for that source. Repeat for any other TV show sources you might be using.

If you change the scraper you'll need to clean and rescan the source into your library. Kodi will offer you the option to do this if you make the change and click OK.

Whether you want to do this or wait and see if TVDB can fix the issue with their API is up to you.

All clear. I installed then switched to TMDB info provider what is working.
Thx
Thanks for the explanation. All 3 of my pi's started having this same issue a couple of days ago. I've updated the scraper to TMDb and seems to have stopped the issue.

Cheers
Great. Just be aware that TVDB still have issues and tv show and season artwork is not downloaded.

TheMovieDB scraper for TV Shows has no problems.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is dreadful TMDB doesn't have half the shows I watch already I am finding myself adding series.

Edit: TVDB seems to be working for individual shows.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
@speedwell68

Really? I have been using it exclusively for TV Shows for the last 18 months or so, and always found my shows. Apart from fixing the occassional spelling mistake in the plot, or adding some artwork, I find the listing pretty good. Artwork is much better.

Which shows are you missing?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-05, 10:20)Karellen Wrote: Which shows are you missing?

For one, "The F1 Show" is present in TMDB, but without episode content. That doesn't help.
(2019-08-05, 10:20)Karellen Wrote: @speedwell68

Really? I have been using it exclusively for TV Shows for the last 18 months or so, and always found my shows. Apart from fixing the occassional spelling mistake in the plot, or adding some artwork, I find the listing pretty good. Artwork is much better.

Which shows are you missing?
The Beechgrove Garden
Poldark
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on PI 4 when trying to scan TV Show1