Solved Kodi crashes during library update
This just started happening out of the blue on Friday. I have Kodi 18.3 installed on my old Fire TV (not stick). It was previously 18.2, but I tried upgrading to the latest stable version yesterday as part of my troubleshooting. Initially, I had video library update at startup enabled, so Kodi was crashing a few seconds after launching it. In order to be able to troubleshoot this further, I ended up pulling down backup files with adblink, disabling that in the guisettings.xml file, then restoring and overwriting the existing settings file. Then I enabled debugging on what I thought would most likely be relevant areas of the system, killed Kodi, launched it and started a manual library update, which of course caused it to crash. Here's a link to the log contents, from application launch to termination:

https://paste.kodi.tv/rejolugagi.kodi

If anyone could please take a look and identify for me what I'm unable to interpret in all of this -- hopefully the cause of my headaches -- it would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if I need to add in more debugs and repost.

-Rob
There's an issue with the TVDB scraper (caused by changes on their end) which is almost certainly causing this.

You're still using the problem version (3.0.15), but there is a new update which should fix it (although you'll still have some artwork missing on newly scraped shows).

Try updating your addons as detailed below to get the new version:

Go to add-ons > add-on browser and then click left to open the blade menu. On there do "check update" and see if triggers things.

If not go to add-ons > add-on browser > my add-ons > add-on repository > Kodi add-on repository and select update. After that try the above again.

The version of the TVDB scraper you want is 3.0.16.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 22:19)DarrenHill Wrote: There's an issue with the TVDB scraper (caused by changes on their end) which is almost certainly causing this.

You're still using the problem version (3.0.15), but there is a new update which should fix it (although you'll still have some artwork missing on newly scraped shows).

Try updating your addons as detailed below to get the new version:

Go to add-ons > add-on browser and then click left to open the blade menu. On there do "check update" and see if triggers things.

If not go to add-ons > add-on browser > my add-ons > add-on repository > Kodi add-on repository and select update. After that try the above again.

The version of the TVDB scraper you want is 3.0.16.
That did the trick, thanks Darren!!!
No problem. We've been fighting this all weekend, so have the solution down to a tee now Wink

Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-04, 22:14)tweakling Wrote: This just started happening out of the blue on Friday. I have Kodi 18.3 installed on my old Fire TV (not stick). It was previously 18.2, but I tried upgrading to the latest stable version yesterday as part of my troubleshooting. Initially, I had video library update at startup enabled, so Kodi was crashing a few seconds after launching it. In order to be able to troubleshoot this further, I ended up pulling down backup files with adblink, disabling that in the guisettings.xml file, then restoring and overwriting the existing settings file. Then I enabled debugging on what I thought would most likely be relevant areas of the system, killed Kodi, launched it and started a manual library update, which of course caused it to crash. Here's a link to the log contents, from application launch to termination:

https://paste.kodi.tv/rejolugagi.kodi

If anyone could please take a look and identify for me what I'm unable to interpret in all of this -- hopefully the cause of my headaches -- it would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if I need to add in more debugs and repost.

-Rob

Well. Just disable Trakt from:
System - Addons - Manage Dependencies. Look for trakt.py and disable it. It worked for me with no more issues.
For all who have problem of Kodi 19.1 crashes when TV show library updates, here is the solution.
Just disable Trakt from:
System - Addons - Manage Dependencies. Look for trakt.py and disable it. It worked for me with no more issues.
(2021-08-04, 15:06)alahmed Wrote: Just disable Trakt from:

Why are you reacting to a forum thread with a problem that was already solved, and has nothing to do with Trakt?

Also, don't doublepost on the forum. It's not appreciated.
(2021-08-04, 15:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 15:06)alahmed Wrote: Just disable Trakt from:

Why are you reacting to a forum thread with a problem that was already solved, and has nothing to do with Trakt?

Also, don't doublepost on the forum. It's not appreciated.
Why are you furious? I posted since no other solution fixed the issue. I have fixed the issue without any help from your forum. You should appreciate my participant to solve this problem. This bad attitude is never seen in any forum. Stupid...
Trakt isn't actually the solution to the original issue (from 2019).

As noted in my explanations above from the time, the root cause was a change made on the TVDB side that broke our scraper. The scraper needed to be updated to resolve that, and this was done at the time (2 years ago). That was the solution to the original problem given here, and it did resolve the problem.

This isn't to say that there may not be a current issue relating to Trakt which is also causing such a crash during a library update, but that would be something separate to the original problem and this thread that you posted in.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-04, 16:02)alahmed Wrote: Why are you furious?
That's the 1st time I've been called that. I merely explained that your reaction had no merit at all. You also posted 3 times: 1 useless quote which I already deleted, 1 quote with a reply, and the 3rd post containing only the reply. Three posts for 1 reaction is a bit over the top, don't you agree?

(2021-08-04, 16:02)alahmed Wrote: I posted since no other solution fixed the issue. I have fixed the issue without any help from your forum. You should appreciate my participant to solve this problem.
First and foremost: this thread was NOT about your issue. This thread's topic was already declared solved until you barged in and hijacked this forum thread with an unrelated "solution" to a problem that was unknown to this forum.

(2021-08-04, 16:02)alahmed Wrote: This bad attitude is never seen in any forum. Stupid...
It's a bit of a weird thing, all this emotion coming from something who joined the forum already back in 2013, and only came out of hibernation just some 2 hours ago... Well, stick around. Who knows there may be more to come. Just don't use terms like stupid. We don't respond well to such accusations.
(2021-08-04, 17:11)Klojum Wrote:
That's the 1st time I've been called that. I merely explained that your reaction had no merit at all. You also posted 3 times: 1 useless quote which I already deleted, 1 quote with a reply, and the 3rd post containing only the reply. Three posts for 1 reaction is a bit over the top, don't you agree?
(2021-08-04, 16:02)alahmed Wrote: I posted since no other solution fixed the issue. I have fixed the issue without any help from your forum. You should appreciate my participant to solve this problem.
First and foremost: this thread was NOT about your issue. This thread's topic was already declared solved until you barged in and hijacked this forum thread with an unrelated "solution" to a problem that was unknown to this forum.
(2021-08-04, 16:02)alahmed Wrote: This bad attitude is never seen in any forum. Stupid...
It's a bit of a weird thing, all this emotion coming from something who joined the forum already back in 2013, and only came out of hibernation just some 2 hours ago... Well, stick around. Who knows there may be more to come. Just don't use terms like stupid. We don't respond well to such accusations.
If you look at the top of the page you will understand that problem still exist. For many it is still a problem. And regarding your attitude you could do better in responding to subscribers.
(2021-08-04, 17:11)Klojum Wrote:

BTW. If the problem was solved, you can add guidelines to those having the crashing problem and not commenting on there respond.
(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: If you look at the top of the page you will understand that problem still exist. For many it is still a problem. And regarding your attitude you could do better in responding to subscribers.
I did look at the top, I also noticed the post containing "Thread marked solved.".

(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: If you look at the top of the page you will understand that problem still exist. For many it is still a problem.
If there is still a problem, then open a new forum thread in the correct forum section instead of hijacking an old thread. Nowhere in the above problem was Trakt mentioned. Apparently the user is not using it. Moreover, FYI, plenty of Kodi setups are unique and not similar to yours.

(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: And regarding your attitude you could do better in responding to subscribers.
We will act as we see fit in to responding to people calling us stupid.

(2021-08-04, 18:27)alahmed Wrote: BTW. If the problem was solved, you can add guidelines to those having the crashing problem and not commenting on there respond.
There is a BIG GREEN TAG attached to the thread saying "Solved". The problem was taking care via the help of Team Kodi. Did you conveniently miss that whole part?
So, do we really need to continue to challenge your observational skills, or shall we go our separate ways for now?
(2021-08-04, 19:09)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: If you look at the top of the page you will understand that problem still exist. For many it is still a problem. And regarding your attitude you could do better in responding to subscribers.
I did look at the top, I also noticed the post containing "Thread marked solved.".
(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: If you look at the top of the page you will understand that problem still exist. For many it is still a problem.
If there is still a problem, then open a new forum thread in the correct forum section instead of hijacking an old thread. Nowhere in the above problem was Trakt mentioned. Apparently the user is not using it. Moreover, FYI, plenty of Kodi setups are unique and not similar to yours.
(2021-08-04, 18:24)alahmed Wrote: And regarding your attitude you could do better in responding to subscribers.
We will act as we see fit in to responding to people calling us stupid.
(2021-08-04, 18:27)alahmed Wrote: BTW. If the problem was solved, you can add guidelines to those having the crashing problem and not commenting on there respond.
There is a BIG GREEN TAG attached to the thread saying "Solved". The problem was taking care via the help of Team Kodi. Did you conveniently miss that whole part?
So, do we really need to continue to challenge your observational skills, or shall we go our separate ways for now?
I am A huge fan of kodi. I have been using it since it was XBMC. I know that i was registered in 2013 and since then i have never faced any problem with it. My support to kodi made me look to solve this problem since i have upgraded to 19.1 . So i would like to add that my previous message now is void. The issue is still there. Regarding QTE (BIG GREEN TAG) UNQTE, that i meant to the post on the top. While we all appreciate all participant to find a fix, i would suggest to add a banner on top showing the steps for fixing the problem.
@alahmed You seem to not understand.
I'll try to explain with simpler words.

Your issue is different to the one described in this thread.
The person that originally started this thread has solved the problem with our help 2 years ago.

If you have a problem please open a new thread describing what issue you are having.
You also will need to provide a Debug Log .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes during library update0