Solved "+Add videos" disappears & other issues
I did a fresh install of Kodi 18.4 on my FireTV 2 and ran into several problems, it did not experience before with Kodi 17.6:

1.) There are 2 folders on my NAS I want to add to my permanent media sources ("movies" and "series") for Kodi. After successfully adding one of these folders the option "+Add videos" disappears, so that I can't add another folder/source. When I remove this added folder, "+Add videos" appears again. Adding only one folder does not work for me and I never had this problem with Kodi 17.6. Any ideas?

2.) After adding one media folder with tv shows, I usually get a listing of the selected tv shows seasons when I click on its picture on the main screen. Now a menu listing appears with the options "tv shows, files, playlists, video add-ons". Very strange. By clicking on "files" I get to the server listing though and can start the show but thats not how it should be and how it was.

3.) I used the Kodi Screensaver "bing - photos of the week" for ages on 17.6 and it always worked flawlessly. To cancel the screensaver now, I have to press a button on the remote for everal times and it closes Kodi, taking me back to the Fire TV menu. I can get back into Kodi by clicking its icon from the FireTV menu. I installed and tested other screensavers and it appears to be the same problem with all of them.

There is enough space in FireTV left and the NAS as well, the database of Kodi on my NAS (I looked into it with phpmyadmin) seems okay. All I changed was Kodi's smb.conf.txt and activated "SMB 2 and large MTU activated". Here is my smb.conf.txt, if it's of any use. Thanks for help!
Code:
[global]
lock directory = /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/.smb/
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3
name resolve order = bcast host
include = /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/.smb/user.conf
Now I did another fresh install and mysteriously problem 1.) and 3.) got away for whatever reason.

Still, problem 2.) persists: When selecting a TV Show icon from the "In progress TV shows" instead of being presented with a list of episodes I'm taken to the screen with a list of sources like
- Movies
- TV Shows
- Files
- Playlists
- Video add-ons
When I click on the TV Shows menu on the left I get the list of TV Shows but if I select a show the busy spinner displays for a second then nothing happens. No drill-down into the show and no error message. If I navigate to the Videos menu item I can drill down into the folders and I can also play shows from the "Recently added episodes" list.

I made a debug log, it contains some errors but I don't know what to make of it, these error messages are not helpful to me. Any help? https://paste.kodi.tv/overicuzex.kodi
@Loomes

There certainly are a lot of errors, most are related to the MySQL setup. Seems to be similar to the problem in the following thread, with a solution...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2823811

Lots of failed scraping also, but most seem to be from poor naming or titles that most likely do not exist at the scraper site. Enabling Debug Mode would reveal more.

xml:
ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
ERROR: GetSeasonsByWhere failed
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-14, 22:36)Karellen Wrote: @Loomes

There certainly are a lot of errors, most are related to the MySQL setup. Seems to be similar to the problem in the following thread, with a solution...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2823811

Lots of failed scraping also, but most seem to be from poor naming or titles that most likely do not exist at the scraper site. Enabling Debug Mode would reveal more.
Thanks a lot, adding "[mysqld] sort_buffer_size = 16M" to "/var/packages/MariaDB/etc/my.cnf" helped immediately. I wonder if it would be possible to have more clues regarding those errors in the debug file.

For the scraping errors I will take care by renaming the files and switching to IMDB as a scraper site. Scraping never happens perfectly anyways, imho.
Great that it is working now. I'll mark this solved.

Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"+Add videos" disappears & other issues0