Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work
I've tried it over and over but no luck. The fanart only rotates for the movies, tv shows and music videos. I have the path set and all other skins that support this feature are working as they should. I don't know what I am missing.

Shedrock
(2019-09-25, 18:19)shedrock Wrote: I've tried it over and over but no luck. The fanart only rotates for the movies, tv shows and music videos. I have the path set and all other skins that support this feature are working as they should. I don't know what I am missing.

Shedrock

What other skins?
Many likely use skin helper so that is not an ideal comparison IMO.

@Karellen you are the one I think of first when it comes to knowledge about this kind of stuff.
Does the music library need a re-scrape/refresh? How does one go about using extra-fanart from Artist Information folder after their library is already scanned?

@shedrock you can check https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork and https://kodi.wiki/view/Artist_information_folder for everything I can think of that is relevant.

Looks like this bit is important:
Quote:The artwork and NFO files in the Artist Information Folder are read by Kodi as part of scanning and scraping process.
If you have made changes to the NFO Files for Artists already in your library, then these changes need to be Refreshed into the library.
So if you don't refresh you need to use Artwork Beef to add the images. If I am understanding it correctly.
(2019-09-25, 18:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  

Hi Mike,

I have it working on Aeon MQ7 (Latt's Mod), Aeon MQ8, Aeon MQ8  Multi-mod and a few others. I am not sure where those skins are pulling the info from.

EDIT: This is a brand new installation. I also scraped the music library from scratch. Thanks for your help. I will keep trying. Big Grin
(2019-09-25, 18:59)shedrock Wrote: Hi Mike,

I have it working on Aeon MQ7 (Latt's Mod), Aeon MQ8, Aeon MQ8  Multi-mod and a few others. I am not sure where those skins are pulling the info from.

EDIT: This is a brand new installation. I also scraped the music library from scratch. Thanks for your help. I will keep trying. Big Grin

Aeon MQ8 uses Skin Helper:
xml:

<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]</imagepath>

Perhaps setup Artwork Beef with your desired settings and run it for music.

You added all the info in advanced settings to make use of extended artwork, yes?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ra_artwork

If not done so already might want to read those wiki links I posted above.

An example from my advancedsettings.xml file:
xml:

<musiclibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
<albumextraart>
<arttype>discart</arttype>
</albumextraart>
<artistextraart>
<arttype>fanart1</arttype>
<arttype>fanart2</arttype>
<arttype>fanart3</arttype>
<arttype>fanart4</arttype>
<arttype>fanart5</arttype>
<arttype>fanart6</arttype>
<arttype>fanart7</arttype>
<arttype>fanart8</arttype>
<arttype>fanart9</arttype>
<arttype>fanart10</arttype>
<arttype>fanart11</arttype>
<arttype>fanart12</arttype>
<arttype>fanart13</arttype>
<arttype>fanart14</arttype>
<arttype>fanart15</arttype>
<arttype>fanart16</arttype>
<arttype>fanart17</arttype>
<arttype>fanart18</arttype>
<arttype>fanart19</arttype>
<arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
<arttype>clearart</arttype>
<arttype>banner</arttype>
<arttype>landscape</arttype>
</artistextraart>
</musiclibrary>
(2019-09-25, 19:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  

Yes, I have all that setup in advancedsettings.xml, and I am also using Artwork beef for music as well.
@shedrock then something is weird on your end cause I have a large music library myself and the Artist Info support has been well tested so I know it works.

Can you post a copy of your advancedsettings.xml, a debug log (wiki), and a screenshot of the contents of the artist info folder?

The screenshot of the folder should be one random artists if you have artist folders in there which you should, at least I think you should...
(2019-09-25, 19:26)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @shedrock then something is weird on your end cause I have a large music library myself and the Artist Info support has been well tested so I know it works.

Can you post a copy of your advancedsettings.xml, a debug log (wiki), and a screenshot of the contents of the artist info folder?

The screenshot of the folder should be one random artists if you have artist folders in there which you should, at least I think you should...
I am just re-scraping the music folder. I deleted the MyMusic72.db file, ran a "Clean Library" on it, rebooted the machine, and I just re-added the music path. It is currently scraping the music folder which is a shared windows path (smb://bbox/MUSIC_LIBRARY/). Anyway, here is the image of the Info path.

Here is my advancedsettings.xml file.
https://mega.nz/#!1aRFgKZT!HqOPC6JkWcK5j...cDwjwWLVok

I will post a log file when the music folder has finished re-scan, if required.

Thanks Mike,

Shedrock
@shedrock That advancedsettings.xml file doesn't have musiclibrary setup:
xml:

<musiclibrary />

Is the extrafanart supposed to be nested like that?

Wiki says otherwise...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork#Local_Artwork
(2019-09-25, 18:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Karellen you are the one I think of first when it comes to knowledge about this kind of stuff.
Does the music library need a re-scrape/refresh? How does one go about using extra-fanart from Artist Information folder after their library is already scanned?
Hi @mikeSiLVO. Yes like all parts of the library, adding new information or artwork to the local media folder after the initial scrape does require a rescan.
In addition to the wiki pages you pointed out, there is also this forum post that explains the new artwork... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341179

You can simply Refresh individual artists or albums and this will scan any new artwork.
To rescrape an entire library decide whether you want to preserve your existing information (like play counts, ratings etc) if yes then export to Single File... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File
Once done, ensure you artwork is correctly placed, advancedsettings.xml is correctly set, the Artist Information Folder is correctly set in Kodi settings and rescan.

(2019-09-25, 19:59)shedrock Wrote: Here is my advancedsettings.xml file.
https://mega.nz/#!1aRFgKZT!HqOPC6JkWcK5j...cDwjwWLVok
As mikeSiLVO already pointed out, you have no entries for the music library.

Also please use Kodi Paste Site for logs and snippets.

(2019-09-25, 19:59)shedrock Wrote: Anyway, here is the image of the Info path.
Wrong. Have a look at the wiki pages which clearly shows how to save artwork... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork#Local_Artwork
While artwork beef will read from the Extrafanart folder if you enabled that option, the other two folders are unknown in the Kodi world.

I have tested rotating artist fanart and it works fine for me. In settings you have to choose the Extra-fanart background. Default is set to single Fanart.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-25, 20:58)Karellen Wrote: Wrong. Have a look at the wiki pages which clearly shows how to save artwork... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork#Local_Artwork
While artwork beef will read from the Extrafanart folder if you enabled that option, the other two folders are unknown in the Kodi world.

I have tested rotating artist fanart and it works fine for me. In settings you have to choose the Extra-fanart background. Default is set to single Fanart. 
Ok, thanks. I will give it another go and see if I get this right once and for all.

Thanks guys,

Shedrock
Well, I've followed the Wiki instructions for setting up Music and I believe I did it all correctly. I checked all the settings in Universal Album scraper and Universal Artist scraper, as well as the advancedsettings.xml file. I tested it with a few artists after removing all the artwork from the folder and I kept the information folder named "INFORMATION" empty, but when I scan the music nothing is being written in them. Maybe I am still missing something somewhere. Sad

I also keep getting a fanart.tv API error.

Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/eyizokimik.kodi

Shedrock
@shedrock

There are a ton of errors in your log. I need to head out now, but back in a couple of hours when I can sit down and go through it in detail.

In the meantime, can you explain your comment I kept the information folder named "INFORMATION" empty, but when I scan the music nothing is being written in them. What are you expecting to be written? What is the Information folder anyway?

Also another screenshot of your artist and album folder so I can see the artwork files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-25, 23:06)Karellen Wrote: @shedrock

There are a ton of errors in your log. I need to head out now, but back in a couple of hours when I can sit down and go through it in detail.

In the meantime, can you explain your comment I kept the information folder named "INFORMATION" empty, but when I scan the music nothing is being written in them. What are you expecting to be written? What is the Information folder anyway?

Also another screenshot of your artist and album folder so I can see the artwork files.
No problem.

Here is an image of the folder called "Information". Is this incorrect?

As for the artwork files. Nothing has changed from the last image. For instance, my 2Pac folder is empty. I did remove the images and then re-scanned the artist but nothing new was written. It just looks like this: 1998 - Greatest Hits, and inside that folder contains back.jpg, cdart.jpg, spine.jpg, folder.jpg, landscape.jpg and thumb.jpg. As for the errors, I have no clue why that's happening.

Regards,

Shedrock
I could be mistaken but I don't think the Universal scrapers actually ever scrape extrafanart.  Just one fanart.  And if you don't have extrafanart, there is nothing to rotate.  To get extrafanart you would need ArtworkBeef.  That extra artwork may get cached and not actually downloaded to your music folder(s).  They don't for me but I do see all the extra artwork in my library incl rotating fanart which has to be enabled.

You might also try bringing up the context menu when hovering over an artist or album.  Select Configure advanced settings.  Select the music artwork tab and make the appropriate scraper settings in there.  Don't forget to select OK.

Then refresh from the info window and it should rescan the artist and the albums inside.  Then, depending how you setup AB and your Kodi media settings, AB should scan what you have and what you don't have and then populate artwork to your folders including song.jpg's within albums if you chose that option.  In my case, some of the artwork d/l's to the source files and others are simply cached.  I'd prefer all of it made it to the sources but I don't know what's preventing that.  In any case, even if it doesn't make it to the sources, it still appears in Kodi library and there is no slow down.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-25, 23:19)shedrock Wrote: Here is an image of the folder called "Information". Is this incorrect?
Ok, you mean the Artist Information Folder (AIF). In your previous folder screenshot you have a folder named "information",, so I thought you were referring to that.

But it still leaves me wondering what you have in this Information folder. Is it the same as in your previous screenshot? The AIF is the parent folder that holds all artist folders (not albums) Maybe a screenshot of what you have in that folder will help me.

Have you read that forum guide on music artwork?

(2019-09-25, 23:19)shedrock Wrote: As for the artwork files. Nothing has changed from the last image.
So you have no artwork. Ok, the big question... are you using local artwork or are you relying on Artwork Beef to locate online artwork and download it to your local storage? Do you have any local artwork at all?

(2019-09-26, 00:20)brazen1 Wrote: I don't think the Universal scrapers actually ever scrape extrafanart. 
That is correct. Extrafanart needs Artwork Beef or you to manually download and save extrafanart.

I think we should split this conversation into a new thread. It really isn't an issue with the skin. Are you both ok with that?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work0