Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work
I just loaded your database and ran an Export.

All artist.nfo files were created.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-28, 01:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-28, 01:21)Karellen Wrote: What you gave me does not match the screenshots.
Ignore. Now that I have your DB, I can see the bigger picture.

So what program would I have to use to accomplish the right results? I thought MP3Tag was the best to do this, but I guess I am wrong.

Here is what it typically looks like:
MusicBrainz Picard is what I use... https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Also be aware of 4.2 and 4.3 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging

But MP3Tag should do the job, so maybe it is a wrong setting somewhere. Have a look at the extended tag screen. Use Alt-T on a song.

Should look something like this...

Also, whichever site you are using to upload images, it is pasting advertising links. Can you use this instead...

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
previous post edited
My Signature
(2019-09-28, 02:01)Karellen Wrote:  
Sorry, I use postimage. I will use button 19 from now on. I will also try and fix the music tag issue.
(2019-09-28, 01:43)Karellen Wrote: I just loaded your database and ran an Export.

All artist.nfo files were created.
I didn't see this post. So if it exported the nfo file, then there is no problem with the tags? If so, then why won't it work for me? So confusing.

I also just used picard, cleared all the tags and then re-scanned but no nfo files being created on Windows.
(2019-09-28, 03:40)shedrock Wrote: So if it exported the nfo file, then there is no problem with the tags?
There is still a problem with your tags, and they need to be fixed.

(2019-09-28, 03:40)shedrock Wrote: I also just used picard, cleared all the tags and then re-scanned but no nfo files being created on Windows.
I don't even know where to begin trying to fault find this. It is specific to your setup, and it is extremely difficult doing this remotely.

Lets start with a Debug Log with component logging for Databases enabled which captures you running an Export. I don't expect to see anything there, but you never know...

Also screenshots of the Export screen so I can see what your settings are.
My Signature
@Karellen - No problem. I will tackle this in the morning when I am not so stressed out. Big Grin

Thanks again Karellen. I'll post my logs etc tomorrow.

Shedrock
(2019-09-27, 23:32)shedrock Wrote: I do wish someone using LibreELEC would test it out as well, just to confirm, but...
I use LE and this all works absolutely fine. I don't understand where the misunderstanding or problem lies, but I can confirm it is not LibreElec related.

Had a look at the sample 1 album music db, and Karellen is right, you would benefit from sorting out some of your tagging. Using Mp3tag is fine (I use it sometimes too), but the script it is using to add mbid tags also needs to add ARTISTS and ALBUMARTISTS tags so that when songs have more than one artist their names and mbids can be correclty matched. You could address that manually, or maybe just using Picard could be easier.
(2019-09-28, 10:34)DaveBlake Wrote: Had a look at the sample 1 album music db, and Karellen is right, you would benefit from sorting out some of your tagging. Using Mp3tag is fine (I use it sometimes too), but the script it is using to add mbid tags also needs to add ARTISTS and ALBUMARTISTS tags so that when songs have more than one artist their names and mbids can be correclty matched. You could address that manually, or maybe just using Picard could be easier. 
@DaveBlake - Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into this today and see if I can figure it all out.

Regards,

Shedrock
I tested this again today on Windows and it works great. Again, no NFO files are created when I export the music using the "Single file" option. However, they are created when I use the "To Library folders" option. I tested it using 2PAC and Asia as my test artists, and all the other artists that perform on the 2Pac had their folders created nicely in my AIF. I used Picard to tag the albums, even though I hate it. I took this exact setup, as I did before over to my LE box and it does not create the additional artist folders, nor does it download any extra fanart. When I check my logs I usually get a path error regarding the SMB share, which is smb://myname:mypasswordishidden@BBOX/MUSIC_LIBRARY/, and this path obviously does exist, and the credentials are correct. Maybe LE doesn't like the SMB share?

Here are a few pics to show how it looks on the Windows setup. Using the Aeon Nox skin, all the fanarts are rotating now.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-09-30, 01:49)shedrock Wrote: Again, no NFO files are created when I export the music using the "Single file" option
Oooh, of course you won't get nfo files with that option. It is a Single file option. ie. 1 file regardless how many songs, albums, artists you have. And you have been using Single file for your imports, so what made you think you get nfo files in addition?

Read the wiki page!!!!!
My Signature
(2019-09-30, 02:10)Karellen Wrote: Oooh, of course you won't get nfo files with that option. It is a Single file option. ie. 1 file regardless how many songs, albums, artists you have. And you have been using Single file for your imports, so what made you think you get nfo files in addition?

Read the wiki page!!!!!
I assumed incorrectly. I should have read the entire Wiki page on music library setup, but I did read up on the naming conventions and folder structures. Anyway, that still doesn't resolve my LE issues, but I will keep trying.

Shedrock
(2019-09-30, 02:42)shedrock Wrote: I should have read the entire Wiki page on music library setup
No problems. If you do, then I rely on members like you to point out any issues on the wiki page that could be improved. So if you have read it a couple of times, and it is still confusing point out where the bottleneck is and I can try to reword. Sometimes what makes sense in my head is garbage to the rest of the world Smile

(2019-09-30, 02:42)shedrock Wrote: that still doesn't resolve my LE issues
Which issue is that?
My Signature
(2019-09-30, 03:23)Karellen Wrote: Which issue is that?
I will let you know if anything seems complicated to me on the wiki, but I doubt it. So far it all seems reasonably easy. I just hate reading. Tongue

As far as which issue, I am not quite sure if it is a path access issue. The thing is, no extrafanart is being written to the AIF folder with Artwork Beef. I just get that path error in the log as I mentioned in my previous post, but yet it adds the other album images like banner, clearlogo, folder etc. I don't have this issue on Windows. I will probably point my Windows Kodi install to my music folder as well as the Windows install AIF folder and then move it to the LE system. That's the easiest way I can think of for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work0