Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work
(2019-09-26, 00:20)brazen1 Wrote: I could be mistaken but I don't think the Universal scrapers actually ever scrape extrafanart.  Just one fanart.  And if you don't have extrafanart, there is nothing to rotate.  To get extrafanart you would need ArtworkBeef.  That extra artwork may get cached and not actually downloaded to your music folder(s).  They don't for me but I do see all the extra artwork in my library incl rotating fanart which has to be enabled.

You might also try bringing up the context menu when hovering over an artist or album.  Select Configure advanced settings.  Select the music artwork tab and make the appropriate scraper settings in there.  Don't forget to select OK.
I tried that but AB created an extrafanart folder and placed all the images in there. I then moved it to the root folder of the artist and then refreshed and it still doesn't rotate the fanart. I must be doing something really wrong here. I have no clue why this is so difficult for me. Big Grin

Thanks for the help,

Shedrock
Sure, a new thread is appropriate.  Don't use extrafanart folder.  Change that option in AB.  This way your as.xml should honor the code.  I'd do it for movies too if I were you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@Karellen - In the "INFORMATION" folder I have all the artist names, well had. I blew it all away and started from scratch. That folder named "INFORMATION" is located in my MUSIC_LIBRARY folder as shown on this image below:

I also do have artwork located in each artist folder. That has actually been there for many years. Here is what they typically look like.
(2019-09-26, 00:45)brazen1 Wrote: Sure, a new thread is appropriate.  Don't use extrafanart folder.  Change that option in AB.  This way your as.xml should honor the code.  I'd do it for movies too if I were you.
Agreed.

New thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347543
Ok, move your Information folder out of your Source.

The Asia folder, move the artist.nfo and any artist artwork into the Asia folder in your AIF.

Do you have these settings enabled...

Then after running an Update, scan, rescan or refresh

I am not really sure why Artwork Beef has a second (somewhat hidden) group of settings. Maybe @rmrector might explain

Now back to your original question regarding rotating fanart. Do you have this set...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen that artwork option in your context menu is script.module.metadatautils and that is related to skin helper. It is not Artwork Beef and most things with skin helper likely isn't supported.

Also that background extra-fanart is only for fullscreen music playback and not the library views.

EDIT: All library views have the settings in the sidemenu and it is not per content it is system wide so enabling it anywhere works for all sections.

(2019-09-26, 01:28)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Karellen that artwork option in your context menu is script.module.metadatautils and that is related to skin helper. It is not Artwork Beef and most things with skin helper likely isn't supported.
a-ha!! Did not know that. But so obvious now as it does not have the AB: prefix. Thanks.

Its not hard to see why users are getting confused. Lots of artwork links/menu options

(2019-09-26, 01:28)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Also that background extra-fanart is only for fullscreen music playback and not the library views.
Sure. I thought that was what shedrock was asking for- rotating fanart during playback. I'll read back in case I have confused it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-26, 01:15)Karellen Wrote: Ok, move your Information folder out of your Source.

The Asia folder, move the artist.nfo and any artist artwork into the Asia folder in your AIF.

Do you have these settings enabled...

Then after running an Update, scan, rescan or refresh

Now back to your original question regarding rotating fanart. Do you have this set...

Yes, I can confirm that my settings in script.module.metadatautils matches yours. Also, I am assuming that the  Information folder is supposed to get populated with the artist info? If so, then how come mine is blank even though I scanned in "Asia"?

I forgot. Yes, I have Extra-Fanart as my selection in Aeon Nox Silvo skin settings.
Lets get back to basics...

Pick an Artist. In the artist information screen, call up the Choose Art screen. Do you have these entries and are they populated with artwork?

My Signature
I also have that turned on to use extra-fanart. I may be better off blowing it all away and starting from scratch because it still doesn't work for me. Sad
(2019-09-26, 01:28)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Also that background extra-fanart is only for fullscreen music playback and not the library views.

EDIT: All library views have the settings in the sidemenu and it is not per content it is system wide so enabling it anywhere works for all sections.

ImageImage

Not sure if your edit was correcting yourself or not?  I can confirm fanart rotates in all views and not only in FS during playback.  Does it browsing the library perfectly.  Fwiw, I'm on Matrix if that matters.  Keep in mind Shedrock is using Leia if it matters.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-26, 02:47)brazen1 Wrote: Not sure if your edit was correcting yourself or not?  I can confirm fanart rotates in all views and not only in FS during playback.  Does it browsing the library perfectly.  Fwiw, I'm on Matrix if that matters.  Keep in mind Shedrock is using Leia if it matters.

No, I was pointing out the pics provided by Karellen are for fullscreen music playback and then posted where the setting is for the Library.
The post I am referring to is https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2888127

Matrix/Leia doesn't matter all works the same way.
The only way I can get this to work, at least on Windows is to place all the files (fanarts, artist.nfo etc.) as @Karellen suggested in the "Artist Information Folder", but the fanart does rotate when I placed them in the root folder. However, no info is being downloaded for the artist.

I shall keep at it tomorrow until I figure it out. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2019-09-26, 02:10)shedrock Wrote: I also have that turned on to use extra-fanart. I may be better off blowing it all away and starting from scratch because it still doesn't work for me. Sad
Are you sure your AB is set up correctly?

Under the Music tab:  Be sure the first item is not enabled and everything under it is checked - provided you want all the artworks.  Pay attention to the last item... that ALL CONFIGURED ABOVE is enabled.
Are you showing the pop-up for AB when it's working?  There is a Kodi setting that hides or unhides library progress updates under Media.

In AB under the Music tab, the first line reads that an artist info folder MUST be used.  I'm not using one fwiw.  Maybe that's why some of this artwork is caching and others make into the title folders?  Nevertheless, it's all working afaict.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work0