Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work
(2019-09-26, 03:03)brazen1 Wrote: In AB under the Music tab, the first line reads that an artist info folder MUST be used.  I'm not using one fwiw.  Maybe that's why some of this artwork is caching and others make into the title folders?  Nevertheless, it's all working afaict.
I have mine set but AB still doesn't download anything to that folder, and I just did a manual scan.
(2019-09-26, 02:08)Karellen Wrote: Lets get back to basics...

Pick an Artist. In the artist information screen, call up the Choose Art screen. Do you have these entries and are they populated with artwork?

"mikeSiLVO" @
This is a little OT but I wanted to remind you:

I think another user already brought this up in your thread, using Matrix... there is no picture preview for any of the available artworks when manually selecting via context menu/manage/AB: Select artwork.  Via Info page/select artwork... all is ok though.  Not sure if this is a skin bug or a Matrix AB bug but thought I'd bring it to your attention again.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-26, 03:09)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-09-26, 03:03)brazen1 Wrote: In AB under the Music tab, the first line reads that an artist info folder MUST be used.  I'm not using one fwiw.  Maybe that's why some of this artwork is caching and others make into the title folders?  Nevertheless, it's all working afaict.
I have mine set but AB still doesn't download anything to that folder, and I just did a manual scan.   
You said if you cut and paste out of the extrafanart folder and put the files in the root, you finally get fanart to rotate, correct?  If so, do as I did:

Search your Windows Explorer for 'extrafanart'.  Delete em' all.  (Do look them over, there could be core file names that match.  You'll quickly figure out which are safe to delete)  You can always restore if you want later.  Next, go into AB settings/Advanced/Save additional fanart to 'extrafanart' directory.  Uncheck this so it's saved into the root.  Run AB.  It should populate the root folders.  All the 'generate a Kodi thumb' should be disabled too.

If you want to take the time, screenshot your AB settings and I'll compare with mine to suggest changes.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-26, 03:27)brazen1 Wrote: You said if you cut and paste out of the extrafanart folder and put the files in the root, you finally get fanart to rotate, correct?  If so, do as I did:

Search your Windows Explorer for 'extrafanart'.  Delete em' all.  You can always restore if you want later.  Next, go into AB settings/Advanced/Save additional fanart to 'extrafanart' directory.  Uncheck this so it's saved into the root.  Run AB.  It should populate the root folders.  All the 'generate a Kodi thumb' should be disabled too. 
I think that extrafanart folders in AB settings is only used for Music Videos, Movies and TV Shows. It doesn't say for Music. However, I just populated the folders with "Downloading Artwork to Local files" option in AB, then ran it manually to download "All" artwork for Music, which does include extrafanart as well. I still don't know what creates the artist.nfo files though.
(2019-09-26, 03:41)shedrock Wrote: I still don't know what creates the artist.nfo files though.
Certainly not Artwork Beef. You need to run an Export for nfo files... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Music

In the music library, the Single File option is the better option. (whereas for video library, separate files is the better choice)

Also read up on creating the AIF structure using option 3.4 Artist folders only
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi settings/Media/Library/Music library/Export library.  I've never used the 'export artwork too option' fwiw.  One day I'll try it to see if that's why not all of my artwork makes it to the folders and caches instead... unless you want to be the Guinee pig Undecided

(2019-09-26, 03:44)Karellen Wrote: Certainly not Artwork Beef. You need to run an Export for nfo files... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Music

In the music library, the Single File option is the better option. (whereas for video library, separate files is the better choice)

Also read up on creating the AIF structure using option 3.4 Artist folders only 

Ah, now I am starting to get it. I will definitely read up on the AIF structure, but I think I got it now. I will import my library xml (single) file that I created a few days ago and see if it all works out. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your time and patience. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-09-26, 03:45)brazen1 Wrote: Kodi settings/Media/Library/Music library/Export library.  I've never used the 'export artwork too option' fwiw.  One day I'll try it to see if that's why not all of my artwork makes it to the folders and caches instead... unless you want to be the Guinee pig Undecided
I use it all the time, well at least when I do a re-install of LE. I have to admit though, I never knew it was adding the artist.nfo. Anyway, I will try it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-09-26, 03:16)brazen1 Wrote: "mikeSiLVO" @
This is a little OT but I wanted to remind you:

I think another user already brought this up in your thread, using Matrix... there is no picture preview for any of the available artworks when manually selecting via context menu/manage/AB: Select artwork.  Via Info page/select artwork... all is ok though.  Not sure if this is a skin bug or a Matrix AB bug but thought I'd bring it to your attention again.

Definitely not a skin bug.

@shedrock I think there is some confusion here about what settings and where.

Artwork Beef settings can be found in skin settings > help > install or change settings:

These are the Artwork Beef context menu items:

You can also access them from info dialog > extras:
@mikeSiLVO - I am very familiar with all those settings in AB, as well as the context menu options. I have been at this since 4am and I still can't get it to work. I have the following so far.

My Artist Information folder is located on my LibreELEC system using the name: ArtistInfoKodi which is setup in Kodi to reflect that path. I then scanned all my music and then imported my kodi_musicdb2019-09-20.xml file. I also did it the opposite way by importing the single file 1st and that made no difference. So now I used AB to scan for missing Music artwork and it does scan artwork into the ArtistInfoKodi folder, just not extarfanart. Another thing I noticed is that no artist.nfo files are being created in the ArtistInfoKodi  folder either. BTW, on my Windows PC if I run AB to download missing artwork, it actually downloads the extra fanarts. That in itself is baffling considering the addons and userdata folder is exactly the same as my LE setup, minus the Database folder of course. In other words, the Windows setup is completely independent from the LE system.

Anyway, I may have to throw in the towel here and admit defeat. Confused

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock So if I am understanding correctly one setup is working and the other not or are you still getting no extra fanart on both systems?

Pick an artist and open the Choose art dialog:

If you don't see fanart1, fanart2, etc... then some settings might be incorrect.

Alternatively perhaps it is an issue with the location of the Artist Info folder itself...

@Karellen any limitations with smb location for Artist Information folder?

Run Artwork Beef and post the debug log (wiki) and then post a copy of the settings.xml file in userdata (wiki)\addon_data\script.artwork.beef
Swap slash direction for Linux/LibreELEC.
(2019-09-26, 14:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @shedrock So if I am understanding correctly one setup is working and the other not or are you still getting no extra fanart on both systems?

Pick an artist and open the Choose art dialog:

If you don't see fanart1, fanart2, etc... then some settings might be incorrect.

Alternatively perhaps it is an issue with the location of the Artist Info folder itself...

On Windows all the fanarts download, fanart1, fanart2 etc. On LE it doesn't. What I did notice also is that something is creating folders named "information" which contain a bunch of nfo files which I think could be Kodi doing this, but the path I have setup for that is (\\192.xxx.x.xxx\Music\ArtistInfoKodi). That's on my LE setup.
You did finish reading my post right?
Didn't stop at the @Karellen part I hope... Wink
(2019-09-26, 14:54)mikeSiLVO Wrote: You did finish reading my post right?
Didn't stop at the @Karellen part I hope... Wink
Laugh I did reading it after I saw that.

Here is the AB userdata settings.xml file. I removed the API keys:
https://paste.kodi.tv/yujatulewi

Here is the kodi log file. It won't let me post any more than this.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fufavamuso.kodi
(2019-09-26, 15:30)shedrock Wrote: Laugh I did reading it after I saw that.

Here is the AB userdata settings.xml file. I removed the API keys:
https://paste.kodi.tv/yujatulewi

Here is the kodi log file. It won't let me post any more than this.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fufavamuso.kodi

I see lots of these errors:
Code:

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/music/ArtistInfoKodi

Is that 100% the correct location?

IIRC @rmrector recommends to only add API keys for kyradb but if your artwork is downloading then I guess it's ok.

EDIT: Only need to run AB for a single artists not all of them if anyone asks for another debug log (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotating Music Extrafanart does not work0