kodi Segmentation fault
Trying to start kodi and i keep getting Segmentation fault, also when starting from commandline.

I have uninstalled and --purge removed all kodi and kodi-bin files along with anything in home and /usr/share/ then re-installed and i get the same.

Crash log  (including dbg debug output) and anything i thought relevant https://paste.kodi.tv/sasexosixu.kodi

Many thanks in anticipation of any help

skot
1) You run a non-supported kodi version
2) Debug logging was disabled, therefore I could not clearly see which GPU is combined with the Core 2 Duo. If it's an ultra old intel -> we don't support GL 2.1 is mandatory
3) The segfault you get points to broken mesa / egl / gl installation or a permission issue, e.g. the user running kodi is not member of video group.

Fix 1) get 18.4 and 2) then we can see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-11-08, 23:18)fritsch Wrote: 1) You run a non-supported kodi version
2) Debug logging was disabled, therefore I could not clearly see which GPU is combined with the Core 2 Duo. If it's an ultra old intel -> we don't support GL 2.1 is mandatory
3) The segfault you get points to broken mesa / egl / gl installation or a permission issue, e.g. the user running kodi is not member of video group.

Fix 1) get 18.4 and 2) then we can see.
Thanks for the reply fritsch.

scot@seven:~$ lspci -nn | grep '\[03'
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation G98M [GeForce 9200M GS] [10de:06e8] (rev a1)

scot@seven:~$ groups
scot cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev netdev bluetooth lpadmin scanner

I am finding it nigh impossible to upgrade in Debian to kodi 18.4 even adding debian multimedia repo which carries the latest multimedia software, i run into several unmet deps.
I also tried cloning the source code from git, but again trying to get the build dependancies is a no go.

kodi has simply always worked for me for years, but to-day i keep getting that error, shame i guess i have to look for something else, since debian versions are unsupported.

Best regards
skot
Fix your GPU drivers first and what about 2) above?

As your debian is stone old (kodi is 17.1 !!) it's more than 2 years old already, therefore fix your drivers / rest of the system. Kodi simply did not change at all, but most likely your distribution. You should search an alternative for debian I think ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi Segmentation fault0