Solved [v17] Number ratings for TV Show?
I turned off the star ratings for episodes and I now see the number ratings.  However, I tried turning it off for the TV Show, itself, and the stars disappeared, but no number ratings showed up.  Is that expected behavior?  I'm using the 17.6 3D MVC build, so if this works fine in 18.x, I understand if it won't get changed for 17.6.
Hi Skirge01.

It could be a bug.
Which view do you use for tv shows?

I still do bugfixing for v17, although no new features go into that version.
(2019-12-12, 15:37)Gade Wrote: Hi Skirge01.

It could be a bug.
Which view do you use for tv shows?

I still do bugfixing for v17, although no new features go into that version.
Awesome!  This is in the List Info view.  Let me know if you need anything else.
Ah, that's actually intended.

You already have the number rating visible here:

Displaying it both places would not look good.

However, when sorting by other than Title, you will get info in the same place as star ratings (when they're disabled).

Gotcha.  I could see that looking a bit strange.

I was actually looking for two things.  First, a way to see the TV Shows according to their overall rating.  I often figure out what to watch next by what the rating is for the show, but the star ratings don't seem to facilitate this as easily as I'd like, which leads me to...

Second, I was trying to get away from the 5 stars because I find them a bit confusing, due to them usually being based on a 10 point rating system.  Have you ever considered alternatives to the 5 stars?  I know nothing about skins, so I have no clue what else might even be possible, but I'll throw 3 ideas out there.  A row of 10 stars?  I assume you considered this at some point, given how most sites use a 10 point system, and decided against it.  Two rows of 5 stars?  Again, no clue if this would even be possible.  Finally, if the number rating being shown in two places looks weird, what about an either/or?  In other words, remove both the number rating in the show's info box and the stars next to the show's name and, then, show the number rating where the stars would've been.  Obviously, it's your skin, so if you don't think any of these would look good or are against it for some other reason, I understand.

BTW, a very quick story.  I literally installed every theme from the repo and forced our household to use it for at least 2 weeks to see what everyone would like.  Rapier was the clear winner, so thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this skin.  I should've thanked you many years ago already!
Actually come to think of it, I just added the rating label back for tv shows to keep consistency with movies.
When star ratings are disabled, label 2 will show regular raings for tv shows.

I just pushed this update to my development repo. Read here how to install it.

(2019-12-13, 02:51)Skirge01 Wrote: Second, I was trying to get away from the 5 stars because I find them a bit confusing, due to them usually being based on a 10 point rating system.  Have you ever considered alternatives to the 5 stars?

Yeah, I know about the star ratings being a bit difficult to read. I see other skins using same solution, though…

The 5 star rating is a leftover from many many years ago.
I had many thoughts and tests to find the best solution for 10 stars and ended up with what you see.

(2019-12-13, 02:51)Skirge01 Wrote: I know nothing about skins, so I have no clue what else might even be possible, but I'll throw 3 ideas out there. A row of 10 stars? I assume you considered this at some point, given how most sites use a 10 point system, and decided against it.

Doing that would either make the stars too small or take up too much room - leaving very little space for the title.

(2019-12-13, 02:51)Skirge01 Wrote: Two rows of 5 stars? Again, no clue if this would even be possible.

That would leave the list way too crowded and busy.
I try to keep the overall look simple and not to bloat it.

(2019-12-13, 02:51)Skirge01 Wrote: Finally, if the number rating being shown in two places looks weird, what about an either/or? In other words, remove both the number rating in the show's info box and the stars next to the show's name and, then, show the number rating where the stars would've been.

I think adding the number ratings again answers this. Wink

(2019-12-13, 02:51)Skirge01 Wrote: BTW, a very quick story. I literally installed every theme from the repo and forced our household to use it for at least 2 weeks to see what everyone would like. Rapier was the clear winner, so thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this skin. I should've thanked you many years ago already!

Wow, that's so nice to hear. I really appreciate it and all the support.

And keep the suggestions coming.
If you have other thought, I'd like to hear them. Smile
I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[v17] Number ratings for TV Show?0