Using multiple Firesticks with Kodi on Windows
Wink 
I use Kodi 18.4 on my Win 10 PC with an HD Homerun Prime and its fine, but I'm wondering if Kodi on my PC can use the fire stick TV 4K as a recording device?? Or can I only run kodi from the firestick itself?

Ultimately, I'd like to have multiple firesticks as PVR devices that I can record from using Kodi on my PC. Any direction as to where to look would be appreciated. šŸ˜šŸ˜
I'm not sure how that would work out. firestick is using a proprietary version of Android, if you have it set to use that in-conjunction with the Homerun then the video collection would be relegated to the firestick (or storage system if it has this capabilty). Kodi on the PC can be used with theĀ Homerun, and if that data is saved, should be available to the networked Kodi running on the firestick.
(2019-12-29, 20:24)netman03 Wrote: Ultimately, I'd like to have multiple firesticks as PVR devices that I can record from using Kodi on my PC
You could have your PC as the main server and PVR device then networked to those firesticks each running Kodi utilizing the PC as their shared content provider. Start here File sharing (wiki)
(2019-12-31, 02:22)PatK Wrote: I'm not sure how that would work out. firestick is using a proprietary version of Android, if you have it set to use that in-conjunction with the Homerun then the video collection would be relegated to the firestick (or storage system if it has this capabilty). Kodi on the PC can be used with theĀ Homerun, and if that data is saved, should be available to the networked Kodi running on the firestick.
(2019-12-29, 20:24)netman03 Wrote: Ultimately, I'd like to have multiple firesticks as PVR devices that I can record from using Kodi on my PC
You could have your PC as the main server and PVR device then networked to those firesticks each running Kodi utilizing the PC as their shared content provider. Start here File sharing (wiki)Ā 
Thanks. I guess I kinda thought of the firesticks as recording devices like the HDHomerun, but I guess thats not the same. They wouldn't actually provide the video content like the HDHomerun would, am I correct in this assumption?

I guess then my question would be, can I record multiple streams of IPTV content if I have one EPG loaded with IPTV content? Would I have to setup multiple IPTV (addon) devices to do that? I'd like to be able to record multiple shows if they are on at the same time...
(2020-01-05, 13:01)netman03 Wrote: wouldn't actually provide the video content like the HDHomerun would, am I correct in this assumption?
Correct, HDHomerun equipment provides the tuner and digitizer.
(2020-01-05, 13:01)netman03 Wrote: can I record multiple streams of IPTV content if I have one EPG loaded with IPTV content?
I don't have one of these nice external tuners, so all I can say is to post in the PVR & LIVE TV support forum, this forum is general windows. Obviously multiple stream recording is possible, but I wouldn't have a clue how this is set-up.
(2020-01-05, 20:39)PatK Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 13:01)netman03 Wrote: wouldn't actually provide the video content like the HDHomerun would, am I correct in this assumption?
(2020-01-05, 13:01)netman03 Wrote: can I record multiple streams of IPTV content if I have one EPG loaded with IPTV content?
I don't have one of these nice external tuners, so all I can say is to post in the PVR & LIVE TV support forum, this forum is general windows. Obviously multiple stream recording is possible, but I wouldn't have a clue how this is set-up.Ā 

Thanks. Wasn't sure where this was supposed to be posted.
(2020-01-05, 20:39)PatK Wrote:
I don't have one of these nice external tuners, so all I can say is to post in the PVR & LIVE TV support forum, this forum is general windows. Obviously multiple stream recording is possible, but I wouldn't have a clue how this is set-up.Ā 

Hi,
I also tried doing this but it didn't work for me. I follow the same steps which you have mentioned. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
(2020-01-07, 17:21)Lewis-H Wrote: I also tried doing this but it didn't work for me. I follow the same steps which you have mentioned.
You mean about posting to the "PVR and Live TV support forum?" or just loading up Kodi on a fire-stick and trying to establish a connection with your shares on a PC?Ā  Likely a network issue unless the fire-stick doesn't have networking capabilities File sharing (wiki),Ā  Your shares could be accessed by some other means, perhaps inverted USB cable or router USB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using multiple Firesticks with Kodi on Windows0