Kodi keeps turning up the volume by itself.
I am experiencing a strange issue with Kodi the last week or so. Every time I stop or start a video, the volume turns up 1 notch. I thought it might have something to do with the refresh rate change since they would happen at the same time but I turned that off and it still happens. It happens whether my receiver is on or off. I haven’t changed any of the settings in Kodi to have caused this. I’m not sure what setting could possibly do this. I am using the nvidia shield 2019. I'm not using any kind of joystick or anything. Any ideas what could be causing this? It’s getting really annoying. I don’t want to go back to Plex.
Already fixed in Matrix. It's just still in Leia for the ancient passthrough hacks for people with broken firmwares.

I cannot remove it in Leia, cause whining would be terrible. Yet another example why those hacks for broken firmware suck for everyone.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So it's there any way to fix it without using matrix? I'd prefer to wait until it's more stable. I've been using Leia for almost a year and never had this issue before.
If you never had this issue and Leia did not change at all in that regard, file a bug with nvidia, cause it seems it is then something in their firmware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-19, 21:10)fritsch Wrote: If you never had this issue and Leia did not change at all in that regard, file a bug with nvidia, cause it seems it is then something in their firmware.

I finally found the cause. Switching from ir volume control to CEC in the shield menu fixed the issue. So it is shield specific rather than a Kodi issue. Although it is odd that it only happens in Kodi.
(2020-02-19, 07:06)fritsch Wrote: Already fixed in Matrix. It's just still in Leia for the ancient passthrough hacks for people with broken firmwares.

I cannot remove it in Leia, cause whining would be terrible. Yet another example why those hacks for broken firmware suck for everyone.

Is this something I could remove from Kodi 18.8 myself? Just updated my 2017 Shield to 8.2 and am now constantly getting that annoying popup.

Volume control is still working fine with the remotes volume slider, passthrough and CEC enabled in the Shield settings.

I don't have the volume changing issue, just the unnecessary popup.
(2020-08-31, 01:45)proxymatt Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 07:06)fritsch Wrote: Already fixed in Matrix. It's just still in Leia for the ancient passthrough hacks for people with broken firmwares.

Is this something I could remove from Kodi 18.8 myself? Just updated my 2017 Shield to 8.2 and am now constantly getting that annoying popup.

Volume control is still working fine with the remotes volume slider, passthrough and CEC enabled in the Shield settings.

That is addressed here. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/for...l/2811573/
(2020-08-31, 02:18)Audiomixer Wrote:
(2020-08-31, 01:45)proxymatt Wrote:

It doesn't answer my question directed @fritsch
(2020-08-31, 02:33)proxymatt Wrote:
(2020-08-31, 02:18)Audiomixer Wrote:
(2020-08-31, 01:45)proxymatt Wrote: Is this something I could remove from Kodi 18.8 myself? Just updated my 2017 Shield to 8.2 and am now constantly getting that annoying popup.

It doesn't answer my question directed @fritsch

I am having the same issue, Nvidia is claiming it is a Kodi issue. Is there any way to fix the issue in Leia, I really don't want to use an alpha build of Matrix.
Why not just read thoroughly? 

"Already fixed in Matrix". Therefore make a backup, try it and report back.

For Leia we cannot fix it, cause of all the other crap devices out there, that rely on this hack to get their PT working.
(2020-09-01, 07:41)fritsch Wrote: Why not just read thoroughly? 

I could say the same thing to you champ.

I very clearly said "Is this something I could remove from Kodi 18.8 myself?".
And again:

Quote:Already fixed in Matrix. It's just still in Leia for the ancient passthrough hacks for people with broken firmwares.

So, while you seem to have  a hard time to get that, here is a stripped down answer: No, you need to change the Audio-Sink and recompile kodi.
Here is the change, have fun with it: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4df1...8e46208609
(2020-09-07, 06:12)fritsch Wrote: No, you need to change the Audio-Sink and recompile kodi.

Next time just say that but without the snippy remarks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps turning up the volume by itself.0