problems when not using -p switch
I decided to move all my userdata to the XBMC install folder and remove the -p switch. After doing that, my sources would no longer show up, and when I tried to add them they would not stick and set content would not work. I added the -p switch back and moved all my userdata back and it works fine.
yeah, this is an annoyance i found recently. you'll have to manually edit profiles.xml to correct the saved paths.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:yeah, this is an annoyance i found recently. you'll have to manually edit profiles.xml to correct the saved paths.
Ahhh, yeah that's the file I was looking for profiles.xml. Thanks for the reminder.
This makes sense as profiles.xml saves the path to userdata, so if you change it you're going to have to change it in profiles.xml

Is there anything we can do to alleviate this problem?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

this is what I was posing earlier in the dev forum. the same problem exists if you move the entire xbmc root location.

the only possibility is that when the folders are not available (when not using -p), xbmc should default to also checking <home>\userdata\ and if its there, rewrite profiles.xml with that location.

of course, then if you use -p, then xbmc should go back to checking c:\documents and settings\blah\blah\username\, if it can't find the defined path in profiles.xml and rewrite accordingly.
damn, i thought i fixed this one already. we need to save it using the nontranslated paths

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems when not using -p switch0