Kodi audio mixer failing to install on Kodi 18.6
Hi!

Trying to install Kodi audio mixer. Trying via install "zip-file". It just says "failed to install" and now I dont know what to do. What to do now? Any ideas?

/David
I have unknown sources enabled.
@Daspunner

Where did you obtain the add-on? Please provide the link.

Also provide a Debug Log which captures you attempting to install it so we can check why it fails.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-16, 02:55)Karellen Wrote: @Daspunner

Where did you obtain the add-on? Please provide the link.

Also provide a Debug Log which captures you attempting to install it so we can check why it fails.
Of course!

Here is the link where I got the zip-file:
https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/kodi-audio-mixer

And here is my debug-log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cibosupawa.kodi
@Daspunner

Thanks. I did not realise it was one of ours. Over 1000 addons in the repo, its hard to keep track of all of them Wink

That addon is for OSX and Linux only. It won't install on Windows.

Tell us why you need it and there may be another solution.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-16, 19:37)Karellen Wrote: @Daspunner

Thanks. I did not realise it was one of ours. Over 1000 addons in the repo, its hard to keep track of all of them Wink

That addon is for OSX and Linux only. It won't install on Windows.

Tell us why you need it and there may be another solution.

Really?! I have been using Kodi since it still was named XBMC on the original Xbox and have never came across any addon that was OS-specific before. This is the first time I even heard that there are such addons. I mean I am no expert on Kodi but anyways! 

Yeah and the reason is that I almost watch all of my media through Kodi and I am quite picky with soundsettings depending of what I am watching ie live-concerts, movies, youtubers etc. This was the first time I ran across an EQ for Kodi so I thought I'd try it, I have searched for EQConfused for Kodi in the past but not found any. Are there any at all (for windows)? If there aren't it won't be huge problem since I have other way to set up my audio (either through the amplifier or through windows).

Is there a way you tell that an addon is OS-specific?
Was that the reason it didn't show up when I did a search for within Kodi, that it was for another OS?
Yep, there are a few that are OS specific, mainly because a particular OS may have a missing component that other OS have natively. And that is the reason it did not show up in the repository when you searched within Kodi.

Normally you would modify those settings in your AVR as it will do a much better job than what Kodi will do. After all, that is what AVR's are designed for.

There is an ADSP project that was put on hold for a couple of years, but the developer has recently returned and looking at starting up again. You can read more here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252871
My Signature
Thanks! Did not read all of it but it seems promising. Will set certainly check back on that later. And you are right that an AVR is much better than any software-based DSPConfused, that is what they are made for.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi audio mixer failing to install on Kodi 18.60