XBMC Official Online Manual (Wiki)
hum, i was a little to brass with my "del" button. sorry about that.
don't know much about localised fonts, i know truetype is not yet supported so i mixed them up.
i can't seem to undo my changes. maybe somebody else can, or even better maybe somebody else can finish\complement this section.

edit:
ah i know how to undo changes however:
the subtitle section previously read;
to use localized font, place a subtitle-font.ttf file inside the media folder in your xbmc , and uncheck the "use mplayer subs" option in general settings.
is not right imho, anybody got suggestions?

@Hullebulle
should we use this thread to discuss manual content?
(nogood5 @ may 25 2004,12:04 Wrote:@Hullebulle
should we use this thread to discuss manual content?
sure we can use this forum thread, use comments in the manual or we create a todo page in the wiki to keep track of the things that need to be done or corrections.

but we should decide for one. Image

so what do you think?
- this thread
- using comments
- own page in the wiki for things like this

ps: if you couldn't reach the online manual the last few hours, one table crashed but it is fixed now.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i don't mind using this thread, as everybody can read what's going on.
using your own wiki page is a good idea as well.

how do you create new wiki pages?. i want to make a page on how to use a videolan streaming service like strawp described.
where should i or anybody else put that.
troubleshooting or a new section tips & tricks or a how-to section
(i vote for troubleshooting)
you just edit the parent page to include another link to your linking, simple as that. (the home toc for instance, if you edit it you see the format for links)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
wikki is really easy. even i understand it (now).
creating new content is a breeze.
i finished the videolan guide btw

i guess hullebulle doesn't really care for my vote  Image

about todo page:
not really useful now as you can just fill in the blanks. you don't really need the extra work of creating a todo page for this.
(nogood5 @ may 27 2004,11:53 Wrote:how do you create new wiki pages?. i want to make a page on how to use a videolan streaming service like strawp described.
where should i or anybody else put that.
troubleshooting or a new section tips & tricks or a how-to section
(i vote for troubleshooting)
you just enter a wikiword (a word build from two or more words like videolanstreamingstrap) to a page. after you did that the wiki will show it with a red questionmark. click this questionmark and the wiki will create the page (called like your wikiword).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
well it seems that there is not so much activity going on with the wiki manual these past few days.
i tricked bobbin  Confusedhifty: into helping me finish a page as well.
maybe a dew developers could just dump some relevant info in there as well.
i, or somebody else can always edit it. they are already frequenting the forum quite a lot. maybe they can spend less time on answering questions once everything is done (as far as a work in progress can be done)

cheers
(nogood5 @ june 02 2004,16:21 Wrote:well it seems that there is not so much activity going on with the wiki manual these past few days.
i tricked bobbin  Confusedhifty: into helping me finish a page as well.
maybe a dew developers could just dump some relevant info in there as well.
i, or somebody else can always edit it. they are already frequenting the forum quite a lot. maybe they can spend less time on answering questions once everything is done (as far as a work in progress can be done)

cheers
i tried to get the the devs to help on the manual too. :p
but it looks like they are not very interested in writing docs.. well.. they are devs.

to be honest i didn't have much time the last week to work on it either.
with all the time we have i can do two things. that is writing documentation or fixing bugs.
for me the last one is more important and thus i don't have the time for writing any documentation. (besides documenting python stuff Smile).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(darkie @ june 02 2004,19:32 Wrote:with all the time we have i can do two things. that is writing documentation or fixing bugs.
for me the last one is more important and thus i don't have the time for writing any documentation. (besides documenting python stuff Smile).
thts what i tried to say :d
of course i understand, i wouldn't be (trying) to write a manual either if i could code just a little bit.
but i already have trouble with the english language let alone any coding language.

i just see many devs answering questions on the boards. that takes away from coding time as well i guess.
and who can better write a manual than a dev, he coded it after all.
afterwards it should just be edited a little bit (so everybody can understand it)

but i won't hold my breath. honestly i am happier with a bug fix than a more complete manual.
i wrote a few how-to guides. can somebody please check them and if necessary please give some feedback or even correct them.

thanks, nogood
nogood: just want to offer a public thanks for the work that you are doing - you're doing a great service for xbmc.

hopefully we'll be able to convince everyone to use it now!

is the wikki manual a printable pdf guide like a dvd/vcr manual, or an online help like a html help? (or both?)

i was thinking if it's going to be a printed style manual, we can't go silly with encyclopedic info like the scripting docs and tutorial, skinning guides, compiling info, translating info, and complete info on each codec.

do printing restrictions apply, or can we go crazy adding content to the appendicies and glossary?
(bitplane @ july 23 2004,23:43 Wrote:is the wikki manual a printable pdf guide like a dvd/vcr manual, or an online help like a html help? (or both?)

i was thinking if it's going to be a printed style manual, we can't go silly with encyclopedic info like the scripting docs and tutorial, skinning guides, compiling info, translating info, and complete info on each codec.

do printing restrictions apply, or can we go crazy adding content to the appendicies and glossary?
go crazy!!!
we still can splitt the content into a simple and an advanced section if we gonna copy paste the infos for a printable manual. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Official Online Manual (Wiki)0