Can't access media server on Kodi box
Hey Guys,

I recently had a virus and had to wipe my computer. I now have it back online and now can't get my kodi box to connect. At first I thought it was the server, but I can access server from my android phone and windows 10 laptop. I do not understand why the Kodi box is having issues. I checked and updated Kodi in the app store and still nothing. It is currently hard lined into the router. So I am unsure what the heck is going on. I've taken the following steps that have worked previously:
Step 1: Click on add network location
Step 2: click on server name and add in static ip of server
step 3: add in user/password of computer
step 4: click ok and says "Operation not permitted"

Any help would be appreciated
(2020-04-09, 01:19)sc1984 Wrote: Hey Guys,

I recently had a virus and had to wipe my computer. I now have it back online and now can't get my kodi box to connect. At first I thought it was the server, but I can access server from my android phone and windows 10 laptop. I do not understand why the Kodi box is having issues. I checked and updated Kodi in the app store and still nothing. It is currently hard lined into the router. So I am unsure what the heck is going on. I've taken the following steps that have worked previously:
Step 1: Click on add network location
Step 2: click on server name and add in static ip of server
step 3: add in user/password of computer
step 4: click ok and says "Operation not permitted"

Any help would be appreciated
What os is your server running on?
Server is Windows 10 PRO and Kodi box is Android. Ill have to check what version android. I did find something online that worked...at least sort of. I went into the settings and changed the max SMB from V3 to nothing and minimum to nothing. I had to manually enter the user and password for every shared drive but got it working. Not sure why SMB is causing issues. Im assuming it works because it is probably using SMB V1 and has less security.
Yes, something has been changed to SMB. In general: I used to be able to use the Microsoft account to access the remote machine and it had all credentials needed. Nowadays that throws an error and I have to create a separate user on the Windows 10 machine that I can use to access the shares.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access media server on Kodi box0