Android TV Box + Kodi + HDR10
Wink 
Hello guys and girls,

First, sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm French.  Angel

Since several months, I had issues to read correctly H265 10 bits movies with my Installation (Beelink GT1 and Sony KDL75W855 launch on KODI Leia). No lags, sound ok but the picture is really dark. I first thought that the problem was my old Beelink android TV box so I changed it with the new Beelink GT King pro but it's exactly the same. 
So I'm wandering if it's an hardware or software issue. I tried to read the movie directly with VLC and it's the same so I guess it's not a Kodi issue. Thinking of the fact that all the supply chain is in hdmi 1.4 but I haven't been able to find a correct information on this subject... Some say that 1.4 can read HDR10 some not.
Guys, if you have an idea, it will be welcomed !  Smile
Hi, where do you have the files? HDD? I got a Sony with Android TV and any x265 UHD HDR10 file i play from a HDD play fine but dark, like the opposite of HDR.
In a Sony forum a tech says that USB 3.0 doesn't sopport HDR. I have a Mi Box and a HDMI of the Xbox One S so i meaby try a file with HDR.
(2020-04-09, 22:39)h_ivan13 Wrote: Hi, where do you have the files? HDD? I got a Sony with Android TV and any x265 UHD HDR10 file i play from a HDD play fine but dark, like the opposite of HDR.
In a Sony forum a tech says that USB 3.0 doesn't sopport HDR. I have a Mi Box and a HDMI of the Xbox One S so i meaby try a file with HDR.

Hey Ivan,

My files are on my PC, connected trought my internet box. Never had issue with H264 and H265 8 bit. But as soon as I try to read a H265 10 bit, i fall in darkness. 
I think it's a network issue either cause I took a file on USB stick, read it on the box with VLC, and it's the same.
(2020-04-10, 01:21)Bonzai911 Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 22:39)h_ivan13 Wrote: Hi, where do you have the files? HDD? I got a Sony with Android TV and any x265 UHD HDR10 file i play from a HDD play fine but dark, like the opposite of HDR.

Hey Ivan,

My files are on my PC, connected trought my internet box. Never had issue with H264 and H265 8 bit. But as soon as I try to read a H265 10 bit, i fall in darkness. 
I think it's NOT a network issue either cause I took a file on USB stick, read it on the box with VLC, and it's the same. 
(2020-04-10, 01:21)Bonzai911 Wrote:

Hey Ivan,

I think it's a network issue either cause I took a file on USB stick, read it on the box with VLC, and it's the same. 

The Beelink GT1, GT-King are some of the worst devices you can use for HDR playback.
Get something like a Ugoos X3 or AM6 since they added several bug-fixes and improvements for HDR playback in their 31 firmware updates released so far.
You can also use CoreELEC to get better video playback, there is an image for the GT-King but forget about Android on that device since it's full of bugs using old source code.
Si i've installed CoreElec but no way to read a file on USB or to connect to PC. I used the same configuration than with the Kodi on Android, but never worked. After a all morning trying I gave up. So I don't know if the reading would be better with CoreElec or not. 
I started to check for the Ugoos. Witch one is better ?
(2020-04-10, 14:44)Bonzai911 Wrote: Si i've installed CoreElec but no way to read a file on USB or to connect to PC. I used the same configuration than with the Kodi on Android, but never worked. After a all morning trying I gave up. So I don't know if the reading would be better with CoreElec or not. 
I started to check for the Ugoos. Witch one is better ?

The AM6 with 0.3.1 dual-boot Android - CoreELEC firmware.
But the cheaper ones also provide the same video playback, just gaming will be slower, CPU a little slower, less USB ports and no SPDIF output.

Also make sure you get a new HDMI 2.0 cable, they cost about $10 or Euros and make sure about which port in your tv to plug it into since not all HDMI ports are always HDMI 2.0.
I found the solution !!! It was so simple and if someone come around looking for the same issue, just had to set a parameter in Kodi :

BRIGHTNESS CONTROL-FOR KODI LEIA – CONFLUENCE SKIN
1. Click SYSTEM > PLAYER >VIDEOS
2. Click settings level at the botton and change to ADVANCED or EXPERT
3. Click VIDEOS at the top > on the right untick ALLOW HARDWARE ACCELERATION – MEDIACODEC (SURFACE)
4. Play any movie > click the movie reel icon bottom right > click brightness and move the slider to your needs, then click ok > scroll down and click set as default for all media > click yes and close that box off

I just had to untick the mediacodec and now the brightness is correct. 

You can find the way for other skin here :
link removed
The site linked violates our trademark and also our piracy policy (wiki), so links to it are not permitted here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Oops sorry for the link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV Box + Kodi + HDR100