Tags / genres ?
I have Kodi set up to scrape TMDB.

Is there a way to search my movie collection for all that have a certain keyword, e.g. "film noir", "detective", "dark comedy"?

These are not really genres, per se. I guess something like elements/plots/motifs.

All of this information is in TMDB as keyword data, but I'm not sure how to search for it in Kodi.

Any ideas?
(2020-04-18, 08:51)mrob Wrote: Is there a way to search my movie collection for all that have a certain keyword, e.g. "film noir", "detective", "dark comedy"?
No there is not because the xml scrapers do not scrape keywords from TMDB. You can add Tags manually by going to Videos>Movies>Tags, creating a New tag and then selecting all the films from the pop-up box that you want the tag added to.

There is a new Python scraper that is not yet in the Kodi Repository, but you can download it from here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344580 Then in the settings page, enable the setting as shown in the image below. This scraper will be the direct replacement of the TheMovieDB scraper currently in the repo.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey, thanks much, I'll try that.

After loading it from the repo, do I need to re-scrape all movies from TMDB? or, are the tags already in my library? What are the steps?
Changing scrapers does not affect what is already in the library. It only affects new items you scrape into the library.

You will need to re-scrape the movies, or use the Tag option I explained earlier.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-18, 11:36)Karellen Wrote: You will need to re-scrape the movies, or use the Tag option I explained earlier.

Update doesn't seem to do the trick. Which command do I want for this?

Edit: Hmm. Actually, I don't see the Python version in the repository. Only "The Movie Database" add-on by Team Kodi, v5.1.10.
(2020-04-18, 13:55)mrob Wrote: Edit: Hmm. Actually, I don't see the Python version in the repository. Only "The Movie Database" add-on by Team Kodi, v5.1.10.
Its not in the repository. You have to download it and install from zip file. The link I provided earlier explains where to download it from
My Signature
(2020-04-18, 22:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 13:55)mrob Wrote: Edit: Hmm. Actually, I don't see the Python version in the repository. Only "The Movie Database" add-on by Team Kodi, v5.1.10.
Its not in the repository. You have to download it and install from zip file. The link I provided earlier explains where to download it from   
I looked at that link. It doesn't explain what to do. It claims "This scraper is available from the Kodi Official Repository for v18 and later", but I don't see it there.

There's a link to a github repository, but what do I do with that? Again, the documentation is unclear. I can download a ZIP file from git, but then what?

I can't tell if this is something for general use/preview/testing or not. If it's intended for general use, the documentation really needs to be fixed. Right now, it seems to assume a developer-level understanding of Kodi, which is beyond me.
Oops my mistake it is in the repository. If you have chosen the Get more... option and still cannot see it, then download the zip file here and use the Install from Zip option... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metad...rg.python/

Are you using v18? It is not yet available for v19.
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 06:34)Karellen Wrote: Oops my mistake it is in the repository. If you have chosen the Get more... option and still cannot see it, then download the zip file here and use the Install from Zip option... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metad...rg.python/

Are you using v18? It is not yet available for v19.

Sorry to be so obtuse. Yes, I'm on 19.0-ALPHA1.

What should I do?
Not a lot until @rmrector has the opportunity to update the scraper for v19. An issue report is already raised here... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi.../issues/33

If you are using Windows, you can set up a Portable version of Kodi v18, and rescrape your movies using the Python scraper, then export to NFO files and scan them into your v19 setup.
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...table_Mode
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 07:28)Karellen Wrote: Not a lot until @rmrector has the opportunity to update the scraper for v19. An issue report is already raised here... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi.../issues/33

If you are using Windows, you can set up a Portable version of Kodi v18, and rescrape your movies using the Python scraper, then export to NFO files and scan them into your v19 setup.
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...table_Mode

For better or worse, I'm on Linux. Would it help to add a "+1" comment to the issue you started on github?
Sure, it won't hurt Smile
My Signature
(2020-04-19, 08:21)Karellen Wrote: Sure, it won't hurt Smile

Done. This way, I'll get a notification when it's been fixed.
(2020-04-19, 08:21)Karellen Wrote: Sure, it won't hurt Smile

I'm back after a few months. The Python scraper has been updated to work with v19. I've installed it, and set it as the default for my sources.

After updating, I see now that the list of tags has all kinds of goodness scraped from TMDb.

Question: is there some way to search this list and get matching movies? Can I do a search like tags:film noir?
(2020-09-27, 06:18)mrob Wrote: Question: is there some way to search this list and get matching movies? Can I do a search like tags:film noir?
There is no Search for Tags.

Instead, go to your Tag list and select which tag you want to view...

My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tags / genres ?0