v18 wmv files are played in abnormal speed on Zidoo X9S(RTD1295)
I have a Zidoo X9S, which uses Realtek RTD1296 chipset. I was using ZDMC 17.6.1(based on KODI 17.6), and it worked fine. Recently I upgrade to ZDMC 18.4(based on KODI 18.3), I notice that wmv files are played in a speeded mode, while video and audio are out of sync. Then I install KODI 18.6 directly from Google Play Store, and the issue persists. Is it a bug? Please find below media info of the wmv file I used for testing, and please excuse the Chinese characters.

概览
Format                                   : Windows Media
File size                                : 7.55 GiB
Duration                                 : 2 时 59 分
Overall bit rate mode                    : 恒定码率 (CBR)
Overall bit rate                         : 6 010 kb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate                 : 6 048 kb/s

视频
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : VC-1
Format profile                           : Advanced@L3
Codec ID                                 : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint                            : Microsoft
Description of the codec                 : Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile
Bit rate mode                            : 恒定码率 (CBR)
Bit rate                                 : 5 744 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 像素
Height                                   : 1 080 像素
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 位
Scan type                                : 逐行扫描 (连续)
Compression mode                         : 有损
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.092
Stream size                              : 7.22 GiB (96%)
Duration_Source                          : General_Duration

音频
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : WMA
Format profile                           : Pro
Codec ID                                 : 162
Codec ID/Info                            : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec                 : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 256 kbps, 44 kHz, 2 channel 16 bit (A/V) 1-pass CBR
Bit rate mode                            : 恒定码率 (CBR)
Bit rate                                 : 256 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 声道
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 位
Stream size                              : 329 MiB (4%)
Duration_Source                          : General_Duration
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-05-19, 06:03)redraiderj Wrote: I have a Zidoo X9S, which uses Realtek RTD1296 chipset. I was using ZDMC 17.6.1(based on KODI 17.6), and it worked fine. Recently I upgrade to ZDMC 18.4(based on KODI 18.3), I notice that wmv files are played in a speeded mode, while video and audio are out of sync. Then I install KODI 18.6 directly from Google Play Store, and the issue persists. Is it a bug? Please find below media info of the wmv file I used for testing, and please excuse the Chinese characters.

Your device most likely doesn't support the VC-1 codec.
The manufacturer has to buy a license for each device from Microsoft for VC-1.
ZDMC can play it since it uses some proprietary codecs to play it(that will never be updated, full of bugs) but all other video players use MediaCodec.
You can check with Kodi 18.6 when pressing 'o' if it says amc-vc1 then the codec is supported, if it says ff-vc1, it is software decoded and doesn't have a license and won't plat properly.
(2020-05-19, 13:17)mo123 Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 06:03)redraiderj Wrote: I have a Zidoo X9S, which uses Realtek RTD1296 chipset. I was using ZDMC 17.6.1(based on KODI 17.6), and it worked fine. Recently I upgrade to ZDMC 18.4(based on KODI 18.3), I notice that wmv files are played in a speeded mode, while video and audio are out of sync. Then I install KODI 18.6 directly from Google Play Store, and the issue persists. Is it a bug? Please find below media info of the wmv file I used for testing, and please excuse the Chinese characters.

Your device most likely doesn't support the VC-1 codec.
The manufacturer has to buy a license for each device from Microsoft for VC-1.
ZDMC can play it since it uses some proprietary codecs to play it(that will never be updated, full of bugs) but all other video players use MediaCodec.
You can check with Kodi 18.6 when pressing 'o' if it says amc-vc1 then the codec is supported, if it says ff-vc1, it is software decoded and doesn't have a license and won't plat properly. 
One correction: My box is using RTD1295, instead of RTD1296, but the decoding ability should be the same.
Probably you are right, because if I use ZDMC to invoke Zidoo Player(com.softwinner.TvdVideo) to play mp4 or m2ts files, everything is working fine, the auto resolution and frame rate switch is working like a charm. But when I play wmv files like the one I mentioned, it simply says the audio format is not supported and only video can be played(although in normal speed). So I have to configure playercorefactory.xml to use KODI internal player for wmv files and see this issue. Even if I use standard KODI from Google Play Store the issue is the same. I haven't got a chance to generate logs, but I will see if I can get them today or tomorrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wmv files are played in abnormal speed on Zidoo X9S(RTD1295)0