Play next movie automatically skips sets?
Been using XBMC/Kodi forever but just recently noticed that when playing movies with setting for play next automatically checked that it is skipping any movie included in a set. I can't seem to find a setting that controls this behavior. Am I missing something? Is this intentional and/or adjustable?

I have dozens of sets with 1-15 movies and would like them to be included when playing next auto. I would NOT like to destroy my sets to accomplish it.

Windows 7
Media on local/intenal HDD storage
Kodi 17.6 (I know it's a bit older but I'm not a huge fan of updating for no real gain. If it works, don't fix it...)
(2020-05-31, 19:39)cggorman Wrote: just recently noticed that when playing movies
Kodi forever and you just noticed? Might be something stuck in 'play next' on that version, everything seems to work for me but I'm not a big fan of 'play next' some sort of bug turned up that made me turn it off. 18.7 stable might be something to consider, set-it up in portable mode will have zero effect on your existing 17.6 and you'll get to try out the latest to see if this issue has been put to rest. Personally after watching for a few hours, I stop for breaks so play next is not in my routine, but I could see it needed with some short TV shows or clips, but even then there are add-ons that handle this well. Add-on:Up Next (wiki)

I note sets is just a tag in the meta-data and a smart playlist is used to tease out the sets in set mode, so it's a little curious that play next would skip these, it's more likely that the titles are just not immediately next as sets are not distinguishable directly in the library without a call to the smart playlist. Hope this put s different perspective on it for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play next movie automatically skips sets?0