Android Volume control Kodi + Shield?
hi, I am using the Shield Pro 2019. (Best Kodi experience ever by the way.)

I would like to change the volume - passthrough audio - using my Xbox One controller. It works in Windows - I had to buy the Pulse Eight USB-CEC adapter to make it work. But it even works without the CEC Adapter, with Xpadder and a software for my Pioneer AV-Receiver. 

Android offers far superior picture and audio quality than Windows but it's much harder to make anything work that's not out of the box.

What are my options? With all the improvements that came with HDMI and CEC lately I would have thought doing volume control with the Xbox controller should be possible on the Shield - at least with Kodi...

I have also rooted the Shield Pro 2019 a few months ago. It's not rooted now, but I could do it again if necessary. 

Any advice is highly appreciated!!
You realise we have lives and jobs right? Moaning that no one has replied the same day isn't going to get you anywhere.
You've not really given us any information about your input devices. Does the Xbox controller work with the Shield? Does it work with Kodi or not at all?
Yeah yeah, controller works on the Shield and in Kodi. Even the triggers and left/right stick movements work in Kodi. 

So can someone shed some light. What are the working options on Android regarding a controller? Will rooting work? Or a different controller like the PS4 one?
Nobody using a controller for Kodi on Android?
Did you try using Keymaps to assign the Volume keys? https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_joystick.xml
Have you tried connecting the controller via the blue tooth settings on the shield. 

Note, the PS4 doesn't seem to work very well on the shield. Well it didn't when I tried it months ago. 
Thanks guys, I DO appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong...

I won't bother with the question any more. Guess it's too advanced for the forum.

I'll try my luck elsewhere.
(2020-06-05, 16:47)3000 Wrote: Thanks guys, I DO appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong...

I won't bother with the question any more. Guess it's too advanced for the forum.

I'll try my luck elsewhere.
Too advanced? Did you even try mapping the buttons like I suggested? Where else do you expect you'll get better help than the official Kodi forums?
Well I asked here in the forum because I thought I could get some help, didn't I?
But I didn't get any so far. Still, like I said, I appreciate the effort. 

Regarding mapping: that's the problem. I have mapped all sorts of keys. But passthrough audio is more complex like I explained in my initial post. I can't control the volume when playing something from Amazon or Netflix for example on my 5.1.4 Atmos system.

I know it's possible though, so I have rooted my Shield now again, but I need some direction. I just don't think I can get it here.

But of course I will take any suggestion. So I'm listening ...
I don't know then, I can adjust passthrough audio via CEC but that's with a remote and not a controller, I just assumed the principle would be the same.
That was/is my assumption too...  

I can control everything on my Shield (and Kodi) with my TV remote - a now 7! year old 65 inch Sony 4K TV.
I don't even bother using the original Shield remote.

So I'm positive it's going to work with the controller too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume control Kodi + Shield?0