Solved "Blank" Movie Template?
from what i can tell, if a scrape fails to identify a movie the movie shows in the library with a default movie icon but you are unable to play it, when you click it you get a prompt to re-enter the movie name so that it can be scraped into the library - is there a way to get around this, so that the movie will play anyway when you click it and also allow you to add artwork to it? maybe some sort of "blank" movie template that can be used?
(2020-06-24, 02:17)aeneas1 Wrote: from what i can tell, if a scrape fails to identify a movie the movie shows in the library with a default movie icon but you are unable to play it,
Nope, that does not happen. If a scrape fails, it does not get added to the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-24, 02:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 02:17)aeneas1 Wrote: from what i can tell, if a scrape fails to identify a movie the movie shows in the library with a default movie icon but you are unable to play it,
Nope, that does not happen. If a scrape fails, it does not get added to the library.

how are personal video handled?
(2020-06-24, 03:47)aeneas1 Wrote: how are personal video handled?
Naming video files/Movies (wiki) and Custom video entries (wiki)

You might want to see this link, NFO files/Movies (wiki) and I hesitate, given all the examples https://nfo-maker.com/

This thread might interest you.
(2020-06-24, 04:34)PatK Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 03:47)aeneas1 Wrote: how are personal video handled?
Naming video files/Movies (wiki) and Custom video entries (wiki)

You might want to see this link, NFO files/Movies (wiki) and I hesitate, given all the examples https://nfo-maker.com/

This thread might interest you.

as mentioned earlier, not interested in nfo files, but the two scrapers you listed look promising...

doh, looks like justusethefilename is defunct, too bad given it seems to do exactly what i was asking about earlier, scraping a file into the library even if it can't be found by other scrapers.... hopefully stupid movie database scraper works, it seems to be roughly the same animal as jutfn.... thanks again.
just an update, the stupid movie database scraper works like a charm, and is exactly what i was looking for, thanks a ton!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Blank" Movie Template?0