My own feature requests for Aeon...
Lightbulb 
I have a few feature requests for Aeon, feel free to comment and add more:

1) Show 'Original air date' rather than 'Rating' in TV Episode list mode. Most of the shows on thetvdb don't seem to have a rating but all of them have an air date. This will be especially useful for the 'Recently added episodes' list mode. Would be great if you could also sort on it!

2) Add 'Original air date' to episode info in showcase mode. Can be added to writers / director info line perhaps?

3) Add episode count to genre line in showcase browse mode.

4) Add an option to disable the info screen in showcase mode for TV show level browsing (not episode). I find it a bit distracting when browsing for shows that it shows the info in showcase mode. I know what The Simpsons is about and I don't want to keep reading the same synopsis. I'd rather just look at the posters... However, I like showcase info at the episode level... Perhaps this can be done with custom nfo's??

5) Add an option to disable the menu at the top of the screen! Bit of a radical one but I'd love to see an option to get rid of that pesky menu that keeps stealing focus when I'm navigating. I have all the folders setup perfectly so don't need to change view modes or stacking at all on a day to dat basis. I'd be happy to have to access them from the context or shutdown menu. Getting rid of the menu would hopefully fix some of the focus issues...

6) Make the weather / date / time bar optional. Very low priority but I have a clock on the wall and would rather see my nice backdrops in full glory.

7) Add rating stars (IMDB rating) under the movie title in showcase mode. Think iTunes, i.e 6.7/10 = 6 and a half stars.

8) Add year in ()'s, perhaps in a smaller and/or lighter coloured font after the movie name in showcase browse and info view.

Keep up the lovely work on the skin djh, its fantastic to see the skin evolve and get better with each release. Oo
Ability to disable the up and down menus...
PainToad Wrote:Ability to disable the up and down menus...
I take it you mean for the homescroller? If so then I'd second the request. Add settings to the shutdown menu and I don't have any need for the up/down menus..

This along with disabling the top menu would give the skin a great 'kiosk' mode which even the mother-in-law would not be able to break!
I'd really like to see a setting for backgrounds on the login screen (i have a few profiles that people use) so i see the login screen which currently has a black background. I started to look at the code but i haven't been able to figure out how it works well enough to implement it myself.(i'll keep trying but i thought i'd put in the request.)
-D
Weavus Wrote:'kiosk' mode which even the mother-in-law would not be able to break!

Screw all ISO certified software testing methods, THAT is THE real test Laugh
I'll second the request to add an option to disable the up down menu in the home screen as well as in showcase view (or for that matter it would be nice to be able to get rid of it in the poster view too).

This ability totally destroys usability for my parents.

Also, rather than having the IMDB rating shown it would be much more useful to have the duration take it's place. After all, just how much value do IMDB ratings have? Rotten Tomatoes ratings would be much more valuable Smile

I think AEON is a fantastic achievement and look forward to it developing and stabilizing (feature wise for the purpose of modding).

Thanks for all your hard work djh!
PainToad Wrote:Ability to disable the up and down menus...

+1
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
rotten tomatoes doesnt have as much users who rates movies as in imdb. from what Ive seen anyway, Im talking about smaller films.
I personally think the imdb rating is better. but changing the skin to view grey stars would be a problem because there are ten of them! it would be ugly.
I use theTVDB.com to scrape my TV shows, can you PLEASE bring back A banner view? Something with a nice stacked view on the left or right side of the screen maybe?
Rotten Tomatoes may not have as many reviewers but I think that many reviewers on RT are worth hundreds or even thousands of IMDB reviewers.

Quality vs quantity.
Weavus Wrote:6) Make the weather / date / time bar optional. Very low priority but I have a clock on the wall and would rather see my nice backdrops in full glory.

It already is.
Hitcher Wrote:It already is.

You can remove the black bar in the right upper corner?
Never knew that...
michal Wrote:Rotten Tomatoes may not have as many reviewers but I think that many reviewers on RT are worth hundreds or even thousands of IMDB reviewers.

Quality vs quantity.

I agree... IMDB is swamped by fake accounts used by movie studios and fanboys. I only use IMDB to see how popular a movie is (gauged by the number of votes :p)

RT has good reviews by proper people... maybe even the second set of reviews, the critics reviews, could be used... although sometimes they are a little harsh... not every movie has to be original and breathtaking, but just something to enjoy.
Surely where you get your rating from is independant of the skin and is part of the nfo/scraping process. My feature request should really read 'Show movie rating' rather than 'Show movie IMDB rating'. I just wanted to make a clear difference between a rating of how good a movie is and the mpaa movie rating style classification.
I agree entirely with the Rotten Tomatoes suggestion, and have even considered it myself. The IMDb rating is indeed useless. That said, some of the more enjoyable movies in my collection were critically panned, so is any rating system actually of use?

If it were going to be done, I'd use the following format:

Rating: Certified Fresh - 85%

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My own feature requests for Aeon...0