Most text barely readable
My plasma-TV with its strange native resolution (1080 x 1024i) might be the culprit (I don't know, can't compare), but most smaller text (like RSS-feed) is barely readable. I'm running it in 1280 x 720 (which is a supported resolution) with a component-cable. I tried it in 640 x 480 and it improves a bit
Running it in 1920 x 1080 degrades the overall picture.

A slightly bigger font or brighter colour (optional) might improve it. Any hope it will change?
Hey Frater,

I found this to be the case on my good old tube TV. I use it on Win XP. You can edit the font size:
1. Go to: XBMC/Skins/Aeon/720p/font.xml (Open using Notepad)
2. Change the font size font "profiles" used. I basically increased everything by 10 for anything size 10-30.
3. Save file and run XBMC to see the changes. Repeat 1-2 if everything is too big!

Not sure how to edit this in XBox or Linux but it would be that xml file as well that requires editing.

Cheers,

-Neo
Exactly the same on xbox as it uses the same files..
Thanks for putting me in the right direction.
First, I tried increasing the fontsize by 5 for fonts smaller than 30 but this turned out to be too much.

Now I have all fonts smaller than 25 increased by 2 and this turned out to be sufficient. Any chance this becoming the default values....?

I advised a friend of mine to buy a component-cable. He has a full-HD television. I will comment in here when I see that picture...
frater Wrote:Thanks for putting me in the right direction.
I advised a friend of mine to buy a component-cable. He has a full-HD television. I will comment in here when I see that picture...

I'm running mine on an xbox via component to a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD.

Resolution for XBMC (including video resolution and pictures resolution) is hard set to 720p.

All fonts show up fine for me in standard settings. So a default change isn't necessary for a large proportion of us.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I installed Aeon and a HD-cable on my friend's XBOX who has a Full-HD LCD-television and I can confirm that the text is looking good on that one.

1280 is a bit higher than the 1024 pixels I have available in horizontal.

I do hope some fonts can increase 1 or 2 pixels so I don't have to change font.xml every time.... I'm sure it's an improvement for others too..
Well, at least I know for sure that it's my TV.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most text barely readable0