Kodi 17.6 and ONKYO TX NR626 no sound audio codec AC-3 2.0 stereo
Hello I have a question about Kodi and use of Wasapi.
When I turn on Directsound - Default, I have sound with a movie coded AC-3 2.0 stereo sound.\
When i turn on Wasapi - Default the sound is gone.
I like Wasapi because it also supports DTS-HD etc so does my receiver Onkyo  TX NR626 

How can i make sound work with Wasapi with this type of audio codec?

Look for images about detaild codec info here:
(2020-07-29, 18:03)krayhan Wrote: Hello I have a question about Kodi and use of Wasapi.

Please ask the questions you have, once. And don't crosspost them in different sections on this forum.
Should it be necessary for posts/threads to be moved to a different section, just ask.
Thank you.
Dolby Digital, also known as Dolby AC-3, is the name for audio compression technologies developed by Dolby Laboratories. Originally named Dolby Stereo Digital until 1995, except for Dolby TrueHD, ... Audio codec AC3 was covered by patents.

Kodi set-up with Wasapi and pass-through is going to just pass audio untouched to your AVR. Use Directsound or disallow the pass-through and Kodi should handle the audio codecs. The AV receiver TX-NR626 does not support the following music file formats: FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, DSD and. Dolby TrueHD, there may be an update with your AVR but most of the Dolby formats require some patent rewards.. (re: payment and I doubt there is backward agreements.)

Uncheck the Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) and any other codecs that your AVR doesn't handle if you want to use Wasapi pass-through.
(2020-07-29, 19:12)PatK Wrote: Dolby Digital, also known as Dolby AC-3, is the name for audio compression technologies developed by Dolby Laboratories. Originally named Dolby Stereo Digital until 1995, except for Dolby TrueHD, ... Audio codec AC3 was covered by patents.

Kodi set-up with Wasapi and pass-through is going to just pass audio untouched to your AVR. Use Directsound or disallow the pass-through and Kodi should handle the audio codecs. The AV receiver TX-NR626 does not support the following music file formats: FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, DSD and. Dolby TrueHD, there may be an update with your AVR but most of the Dolby formats require some patent rewards.. (re: payment and I doubt there is backward agreements.)

Uncheck the Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) and any other codecs that your AVR doesn't handle if you want to use Wasapi pass-through.

ty for your answer
(2020-07-29, 18:41)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 18:03)krayhan Wrote: Hello I have a question about Kodi and use of Wasapi.

Please ask the questions you have, once. And don't crosspost them in different sections on this forum.
Should it be necessary for posts/threads to be moved to a different section, just ask.
Thank you.

Sorry about the double post, I wasnt sure which sub forum my topic was suitable.
Have you tried WASAPI HDMI - TX NR626 as the Passthrough device?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 and ONKYO TX NR626 no sound audio codec AC-3 2.0 stereo0