Android Use Same Database Different HDD
I need to transfer my files to a new external hard drive and need help on how to use my same database on another hard drive. I don't want to rescrape everything and have duplicates.
Thanks in advance
As a starting point, do a Video Library Export (using separate files) with the old drive, so that all metadata is saved. Should you need to rescrape again, all goes correct and also much faster.

If you are copying your videos to a new HDD, stick to the same folder names. When those are all identical, and you are using the same drive letter/device, then rescraping shouldn't be necessary.
(2020-08-03, 14:49)Klojum Wrote: As a starting point, do a Video Library Export (using separate files) with the old drive, so that all metadata is saved. Should you need to rescrape again, all goes correct and also much faster.

If you are copying your videos to a new HDD, stick to the same folder names. When those are all identical, and you are using the same drive letter/device, then rescraping shouldn't be necessary.
How do I use the same drive letter in Android?
(2020-08-03, 15:06)namklis Wrote: How do I use the same drive letter in Android?

Android = Linux, so device names can remain the same. I'm not sure how picky your Android device is.
You may have to give the new HDD the same disk label, and possibly give it the same UUID.
Should all of that not work, then you can still to the (fast) rescrape.

EDIT: That is, if your harddrive is EXT4 formatted. With a NTFS drive, *maybe* it's enough to make the disklabel identical.
(I'm not a Windows or harddisk guru)
(2020-08-03, 15:26)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 15:06)namklis Wrote: How do I use the same drive letter in Android?

Android = Linux, so device names can remain the same. I'm not sure how picky your Android device is.
You may have to give the new HDD the same disk label, and possibly give it the same UUID.
Should all of that not work, then you can still to the (fast) rescrape.

EDIT: That is, if your harddrive is EXT4 formatted. With a NTFS drive, *maybe* it's enough to make the disklabel identical.
(I'm not a Windows or harddisk guru)
Thanks for the advice. But I'm such a noob. Have no idea what you mean. Sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Same Database Different HDD0