Issue's with Kodi Andriod 18.8 Live TV
Even since upgrading to Kodi Andriod 18.8, I have been having issues when I turn off the TV while Kodi app is in the background still on.  I'm using TVheadend for my live PVR in case that matters.

When I turn the TV back on sometimes I see the PVR manager starting message but it stays at 0% and gets stuck there.  The only way to get it to work is to kill the Kodi app and restart it and then it's fine.

See below log at https://paste.kodi.tv/oxikofosoz when the above occurs.

Other times when I turn the tv back on, I just get a blank black screen.  Again, I either kill the Kodi app and restart it or sometimes I just click on the app again and it starts.  I tried to get the log when this happens but it always seems to overwrite.  I guess it creates a new file when I restart Kodi.

*PASTED LOG REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

Is there something I can do to prevent this from occurring in the future?

Thanks
(2020-08-05, 02:42)Pepe999 Wrote: Even since upgrading to Kodi Andriod 18.8, I have been having issues when I turn off the TV while Kodi app is in the background still on.  I'm using TVheadend for my live PVR in case that matters.

When I turn the TV back on sometimes I see the PVR manager starting message but it stays at 0% and gets stuck there.  The only way to get it to work is to kill the Kodi app and restart it and then it's fine.

See below log at https://paste.kodi.tv/oxikofosoz when the above occurs.

Other times when I turn the tv back on, I just get a blank black screen.  Again, I either kill the Kodi app and restart it or sometimes I just click on the app again and it starts.  I tried to get the log when this happens but it always seems to overwrite.  I guess it creates a new file when I restart Kodi.

I believe this is the log when the above occurred:

* PASTED LOG REMOVED BY MODERATOR*

Is there something I can do to prevent this from occurring in the future?

Thanks
Here's another log of when the PVR manager is stuck on 0% when turning on the TV
https://paste.kodi.tv/cawakakixa
(2020-08-09, 15:35)Pepe999 Wrote: Here's another log of when the PVR manager is stuck on 0% when turning on the TV
https://paste.kodi.tv/cawakakixa

I ended up changing the fallback framerate to 59.94 hz under the PVR & Live TV  playback which seemed to help the issue.  I also used Areswizard tweak to set up my buffer settings which seemed to help some but now I'm getting stream stalled and I have to stop the frozen picture and restart it to make it work again.

https://paste.kodi.tv/diberiqoxa

I think I may just go back to 18.7 as 18.8 seems to have to many issues.
(2020-08-14, 21:49)Pepe999 Wrote: I think I may just go back to 18.7 as 18.8 seems to have to many issues.

Sorry that you haven't seen a reply yet, but I'm guessing that your issues couldn't be replicated for some reason. I myself don't use Live TV in Kodi, so that doesn't help either.

Just one small thing: if you provide the full log in a URL link, don't paste log parts into the forum as well. We prefer to keep the forum server lean and mean. Pastebin websites help us to do that. Thanks in advance.
(2020-08-15, 06:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 21:49)Pepe999 Wrote: I think I may just go back to 18.7 as 18.8 seems to have to many issues.

Sorry that you haven't seen a reply yet, but I'm guessing that your issues couldn't be replicated for some reason. I myself don't use Live TV in Kodi, so that doesn't help either.

Just one small thing: if you provide the full log in a URL link, don't paste log parts into the forum as well. We prefer to keep the forum server lean and mean. Pastebin websites help us to do that. Thanks in advance.

Ok, thanks.  I won't paste logs in the future.

Not sure what happened but now I'm getting stalls in prior Kodi versions.  It use to stall all the time in prior versions but then it would automatically restart up within a couple of seconds automatically.  Now it just stops and I have to stop the video or change channels and then go back to the channel I was watching to make it work again.  I ended up going back to 18.8 because of it.  Not sure what changed it.  

I also turned off the epg update while streaming to see if that was causing it but it didn't help.

Anyway, if anybody cares I uploaded a new log file with the debug on to try and get more info. The video stall happens at 2020-08-18 10:59:27.240:
https://paste.kodi.tv/lupahusuca

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
(2020-08-18, 17:32)Pepe999 Wrote: Thanks in advance for any suggestions

One thing... 2020-08-18 09:09:06.633 T:5906 NOTICE: ADDON: script.areswizard v0.0.69 installed
Having souvenirs of banned add-ons in your setup is not a good thing.
Remove them wherever possible or support will not happen on this forum.
Ok, I removed areswizard.  I only installed it to set my buffer settings in advancesettings to see if it would fix my issues because I didn't know what else to try. btw, it didn't help.

Anyway, it seems like there are many things causing video halt and I don't know if it's just andriodtv or Sony TV's or just me or maybe a combination.

For example, I had an andriod app called xplore which is basically just a file manager.  For some reason it came up as an error message in the kodi.log looking for the xpore.png file.  Every time it showed in the log it would cause the stream to halt.  Not sure why it would show in the Kodi log but it did so I uninstalled the app which helped some.

I then got a different message where it would just get a video stall with no error message.  I ended up trying live channels to see if it would work better with tvheadend server.  It worked for a few hours I was using it without issues but I didn't like the UI so I decided to give Kodi another try.  For whatever reason Kodi worked for half a day with no issues after installing live channels.  Not sure if something in live channels fixed it or it was just a coincidence.

I then uninstalled areswizard due to Klojum's message and then 30 or so minutes later the video started stalling again.  Again there were no error messages or anything in the log.  it just stalled.  I ended up uninstalling one of the log viewers and then got out of Kodi, turned off the TV and unplugged it and then turned it back on.

I didn't have any issues for a day and then it started stalling again today with a new error message.

It sounds like the error is a codec issue to me but I'm no programmer.  I just googled the error message from 6:25 but the video stall did not happen until 7:27.  The log is below

https://paste.kodi.tv/viracaheri

btw, I also used coreelec on a 905x box to see if I still had issues using live tv and it still stalled.  I didn't mess with it as much though.  I just wanted to see if it was an andriod issue or not.
(2020-08-21, 13:53)Pepe999 Wrote: Ok, I removed areswizard.  I only installed it to set my buffer settings in advancesettings to see if it would fix my issues because I didn't know what else to try. btw, it didn't help.

Anyway, it seems like there are many things causing video halt and I don't know if it's just andriodtv or Sony TV's or just me or maybe a combination.

For example, I had an andriod app called xplore which is basically just a file manager.  For some reason it came up as an error message in the kodi.log looking for the xpore.png file.  Every time it showed in the log it would cause the stream to halt.  Not sure why it would show in the Kodi log but it did so I uninstalled the app which helped some.

I then got a different message where it would just get a video stall with no error message.  I ended up trying live channels to see if it would work better with tvheadend server.  It worked for a few hours I was using it without issues but I didn't like the UI so I decided to give Kodi another try.  For whatever reason Kodi worked for half a day with no issues after installing live channels.  Not sure if something in live channels fixed it or it was just a coincidence.

I then uninstalled areswizard due to Klojum's message and then 30 or so minutes later the video started stalling again.  Again there were no error messages or anything in the log.  it just stalled.  I ended up uninstalling one of the log viewers and then got out of Kodi, turned off the TV and unplugged it and then turned it back on.

I didn't have any issues for a day and then it started stalling again today with a new error message.

It sounds like the error is a codec issue to me but I'm no programmer.  I just googled the error message from 6:25 but the video stall did not happen until 7:27.  The log is below

https://paste.kodi.tv/viracaheri

btw, I also used coreelec on a 905x box to see if I still had issues using live tv and it still stalled.  I didn't mess with it as much though.  I just wanted to see if it was an andriod issue or not.
I forgot to put the debug on, so here is a new log with the PVR debug on.  You can see the stall at 8/21 17:41:34.628

https://paste.kodi.tv/gezoxunucu

btw, my roommate is using a jetstream and he is also having the same issue so it is not just a sony tv issue.  In the past it would freeze and then restart the stream automatically in a couple of seconds so it wasn't a big deal but now it just stalls and you have to change the channel and then change it back to restart it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
I also got a video stalled after the following message: samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections message.

Then it gave the Cvideoplayer audio:process - stream stalled.

Is it closing all connections including the PVR video stream?
If you remove all smb shares from kodi, afterwards restart kodi, does it still stall?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Usually what I do is leave Kodi on and turn off my TV so that when I turn on the tv the next day kodi comes up and just reloads the guide and then I just select the channel to watch tv.  Today when I did that Kodi froze so I had to force stop kodi and restart.

Anyway, it's been a couple of hours and I haven't had any issues yet.  I also saw the "samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections message." in the log and the TV stream did not stall this time so I do not think it is closing the TV connection.  It must of been a coincidence last time when the video stalled.

I'm wondering if I actually exit out of Kodi and restart rather than leaving it on when I turn off the TV will help prevent all the video stalls.

Not sure if that will help you at all in investigating what the issue is but I'm going to try and exit out of Kodi one night and see how long it takes to stall the next day and compare it to when I leave Kodi on when I turn off the TV.  I'm wondering if it's some kind of memory issue or memory leak when leaving Kodi on to long.

I will say last time when I turned off the TV and unplugged it and then turned it back on to use Kodi, I did not see any video freeze for most of the day
Ok after doing a bunch of testing I think I know what's causing the stream halt.  I'm currently using the latest tvheadend with kodi 18.8 and have timeshift enabled using ram.  I found out my roommate was streaming a live channel in Kodi using jetstream and then he would push the home button to use a different andriod app.  This will cause the jetstream to start using timeshift since it's paused his channel and then after about 50 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes it could cause my sony tv channel to stream halt in Kodi.

I tried this scenario three times and it stream halted each time.

I also watch live tv using smb and without smb and did not notice a difference so I do not think smb is causing it.  The only difference I saw between using smb and not using smb was in the log it would always say smb disconnecting all connections right before stream halt.  without using smb, I only saw stream halt without any error messages.

I also thought by turning off the Sony TV with Kodi on standby caused it to more likely stall the next day when I turn the tv back on with Kodi on but when I did the test 2 times the tv stalled within 10 minutes of using it and 2 times it ran fine for a couple of hours so it seemed inconsistent.  So I guess it was something else which caused it to stream halt.

Is there any way to force exit out of Kodi when you push the home button on the Kodi andriod app to prevent this from happening in the future or is there an easier solution to prevent this from happening?

I'm guessing somebody is going to tell me to turn off timeshift.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue's with Kodi Andriod 18.8 Live TV0