Update from 17.6 (32bit) to 18.8 (64bit)
Hoping to get some advice as I am planning on upgrading from Kodi 17.6 (32bit) to Kodi 18.8 (64bit) on my 2 devices (Shield TV 2017). I have mySQL (MariaDB on a synology) setup.

- Can I just update within Kodi or do I need to uninstall and then do clean install of Kodi 18.8?
- Once I have installed Kodi 18.8, does the MariaDB automatically now track it if I use the same advancedsettings file or do I need to somehow "update' it.

Thanks
I think Android is still in the process of gently releasing the 18.8 version, but upgrading to the now present 18.7 will not make much of a difference. I would recommend exiting Kodi before updating it.

Newer versions of Kodi's video and music databases will be created on your MariaDB server, the old ones will remain untouched.
(Although making SQL backup dumps is always recommended)

There is no need to adjust anything in your advancedsettings.xml file. Kodi will look for its newest database versions via its numbering process.
(2020-08-12, 08:22)Klojum Wrote: I think Android is still in the process of gently releasing the 18.8 version, but upgrading to the now present 18.7 will not make much of a difference. I would recommend exiting Kodi before updating it.

Newer versions of Kodi's video and music databases will be created on your MariaDB server, the old ones will remain untouched.
(Although making SQL backup dumps is always recommended)

There is no need to adjust anything in your advancedsettings.xml file. Kodi will look for its newest database versions via its numbering process.

Thanks Klojum. Updated without any major problems. Only exception are some vc-1 files which don't now resume when played on the Shield TV when previously they did on 17.6.. However I think it is a Shield TV problem rather than Kodi as the same files resume on other platforms even after update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from 17.6 (32bit) to 18.8 (64bit)0