dont display subtitle if subtitle language is same as audio language.
hello, some of my movies have swedish audio but most dont, ive set swedish subtitle to default to show subtitle on english speaking movies, would it be possible to make an option so that kodi do not show subtitles if the language is the same as what you set your prefered subtitle language to?

thanks
It might be, but most of the developers have their hands full with differing priorities. I personally use subtitles even when they are in my native language, if the audio is less than perfect or I need the exact reference for some such. Keep in mind that the keyboard letter 'T' toggles titling, you can either map that to a remote, use a multi-media control device or just let the wife do it.
(2020-08-20, 12:34)marantz Wrote: would it be possible to make an option so that kodi do not show subtitles if the language is the same as what you set your prefered subtitle language to?

I'd simply remove the subtitles in those cases.
(2020-08-20, 12:34)marantz Wrote: hello, some of my movies have swedish audio but most dont, ive set swedish subtitle to default to show subtitle on english speaking movies, would it be possible to make an option so that kodi do not show subtitles if the language is the same as what you set your prefered subtitle language to?

thanks
1+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dont display subtitle if subtitle language is same as audio language.0