Kodi scanning movies but not showing them ?
Ok i had my library all scanned and showing up on the wall.

then they all disappeared.

now its this weird box.

upgrading to newest updates nothing.

a weird warning about a new log error popped up (not sure where it is)

tried removing and reinstalling libraries it sees them but nothing.
when it scans for imdb some new weird files show up like .mts and others and theres hundreds it takes forver but its not on the drive?!

the drive shows up find n mac ox

file manager ran repair no issues
 If helpful incna post pics...when i figure out how.

stumped
(2020-08-22, 10:01)Jman5150 Wrote: then they all disappeared.

That's not the usual modus operandi of Kodi.
Perhaps you can start by providing Kodi's debug log (wiki), so we can see some inner workings and possibly settings.
(2020-08-22, 10:01)Jman5150 Wrote:  If helpful incna post pics...when i figure out how.
If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-22, 10:25)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 10:01)Jman5150 Wrote: then they all disappeared.

That's not the usual modus operandi of Kodi.
Perhaps you can start by providing Kodi's debug log (wiki), so we can see some inner workings and possibly settings.
Thanks, appreciate the advice.

i looked up how to find the log, found many sites saying look here

Mac: /Users/{user_name}/Library/Application Support/Kodi/kodi.log

however my mac book pro doesnt seem to have. A log there.....very confused still.

no idea where to look that I havnt thought of....
(2020-08-22, 11:40)Jman5150 Wrote: no idea where to look that I havnt thought of....

There is the Kodi Log file Uploader add-on.
That should keep you from diving into your HDD/SSD files maze.
Hope i got this right

@Karellen- Log removed
@Jman5150

Log is uploaded correctly, but you did not enable debug mode so not a lot of information.

I do see a few of these that Kodi is trying to scan into the library. What is it? It's not a video file, so why are you trying to scan them or why are they in your media folders?
xml:
WARNING: No information found for item '/Volumes/My Book/WESTWORLD_SEASON1_DISC2/MAKEMKV/discattd.dat', it won't be added to the library.

Also, before uploading the log, do a search and replace to remove personal information in your folder paths.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-26, 05:13)Karellen Wrote: @Jman5150

Log is uploaded correctly, but you did not enable debug mode so not a lot of information.

I do see a few of these that Kodi is trying to scan into the library. What is it? It's not a video file, so why are you trying to scan them or why are they in your media folders?
xml:
WARNING: No information found for item '/Volumes/My Book/WESTWORLD_SEASON1_DISC2/MAKEMKV/discattd.dat', it won't be added to the library.

Also, before uploading the log, do a search and replace to remove personal information in your folder paths.
Thanks for the help.

The files your speaking of are put there by makemkv to play on vlc player.is that a problem?

Also had a thought, my drives are ranging from 8tb,12tb and 14tb and formatted in exfat. Is there any compatibility issue with kodi?

ill lookEd into debug mode, i wasnt sure sure i enabled all the options...will update log to post soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi scanning movies but not showing them ?0