Kodi 17.6 sleeping
I have to use Kodi 17.6 because I'm running MadVR on my Windows 10 HTPC. I like to keep Kodi running, so when I turn everything on, Kodi is ready to go. For some reason, the screen is always black when I turn everything on, and I have to get my keyboard, and wiggle the mouse pad, to wake Kodi up. I know for sure it's Kodi, because when I shut down Kodi, and turn everything off from the Windows home screen and turn everything on the next time, the Windows screen is still active, and not sleeping. Screensaver is set to None, and Put display to sleep when idle, is set to Off. Is there something I'm missing?
(2020-08-26, 00:09)lennie paz Wrote: screen is always black when I turn everything on, and I have to get my keyboard, and wiggle the mouse pad, to wake Kodi up
You are bringing Kodi back from sleep mode? The tickle of the keyboard mouse is likely bringing back gfx memory from the place windows stored it. Best practice is to shut down Kodi prior to sleep and launch again when needed, sleep can fragment Kodi processes not to mention the lose of video handshaking.
(2020-08-29, 16:25)PatK Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 00:09)lennie paz Wrote: screen is always black when I turn everything on, and I have to get my keyboard, and wiggle the mouse pad, to wake Kodi up
You are bringing Kodi back from sleep mode? The tickle of the keyboard mouse is likely bringing back gfx memory from the place windows stored it. Best practice is to shut down Kodi prior to sleep and launch again when needed, sleep can fragment Kodi processes not to mention the lose of video handshaking.
With the settings I have in Windows and Kodi, it should never be going to sleep, but evidently it does. When I ran Kodi on my Shield, it never went to sleep.
Short falls of windows isn't going to give me sleepless nights, you'll need a blanket approach, see if you can disable sleep mode in the o/s.
(2020-08-29, 23:39)PatK Wrote: Short falls of windows isn't going to give me sleepless nights, you'll need a blanket approach, see if you can disable sleep mode in the o/s.
It is disabled.
Somehow graphic memory is getting moved and when re-tickled that memory is not re-allocated correctly (probably something to do with proprietary gfx memory location or fragmentation). Running a legacy version of Kodi doesn't help your case, might be time to rethink MadVR, memory allocation and availability.
(2020-08-26, 00:09)lennie paz Wrote: have to use Kodi 17.6 because I'm running MadVR on my Windows 10 HTPC
What is your reasoning of 'have to' use MadVR? Kodi has been totally reworked in the graphic area and a lot of the shortfalls have been addressed, suggest 'portable mode' will run Kodi independent of your present set-up, allowing a test platform to more ahead.
(2020-08-31, 16:12)PatK Wrote: Somehow graphic memory is getting moved and when re-tickled that memory is not re-allocated correctly (probably something to do with proprietary gfx memory location or fragmentation). Running a legacy version of Kodi doesn't help your case, might be time to rethink MadVR, memory allocation and availability.
(2020-08-26, 00:09)lennie paz Wrote: have to use Kodi 17.6 because I'm running MadVR on my Windows 10 HTPC
What is your reasoning of 'have to' use MadVR? Kodi has been totally reworked in the graphic area and a lot of the shortfalls have been addressed, suggest 'portable mode' will run Kodi independent of your present set-up, allowing a test platform to more ahead.
Kodi doesn't even come close to what MadVR can do for my projector.
It's likely that MadVR is hijacking graphic memory and re-allocation becomes fragmented on wake. Perhaps the reworked Kodi is the magic bullet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 sleeping0