Android Incorrect mapping of 5.1 media in 7.1 setup.
Hello All,
Could anyone guide me how to correctly map the 5.1 multimedia content to 7.1 speaker setup.
As i have 7.1 setup and when playing 5.1 media the rear sound comes from side speakers instead of rear speakers. This is happening only in kodi i have tried in mpv and deadbeef and they are working as expected rear sound in rear speakers and no sound in side speakers.

Thanks.
I'm not a expert but that's not "incorrect". On 5.1 your surround speakers are the side speakers. 7.1 contains the information for the additional 2 back speakers. 
Passtrough the audio to your AVR and let the device do it's job. Based on your receiver configuration it should "upmix" or handle it like you have set it up.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
That's correct the Surround Left & Surround Right in 5.1 become the side speakers in a 7.1 configuration

So for 5.1 sound will always come out out the speakers marked SL & SR, so when fed 5.1 it's correct for SBL & SBR to be silent if no trickery is being performed, however some AVR's are capable of trickery and will copy SL & SR to the SBL & SBR channels so all speakers are in use.
Also if you look at the files with MediaInfo it will most probably say 5.1(side) with a Channel layout of L R C LFE Ls Rs as that's the format all 5.1 tracks from DVD/Blu-ray etc come in, although a 5.1(back) format does also exists.
Yeah, curious on the mediainfo. Just for everyone: in Android code is a workaround for an ancient issue with old devices can only open a certain 5.1 layout, see here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...K.cpp#L138

I can make you a test APK then we see if this workaround is not needed anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any news, insides testing with the above build?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect mapping of 5.1 media in 7.1 setup.0