Party Mode in Music Videos
In the File Mode, the category Music Videos seems to be the only folder with an Action called Party Mode.

That makes sense. These are all music videos in that directory. I can select Party Mode and have all of my videos played in some random sequence. Cool!

However, it seems there are 2 problems with this:

First, every time I select Party Mode, I get some random video from another folder. I have tried this about 5 times so far, and I have not got a single music video file to play.

Second, whenever I select Party Mode, that random video is not even part of the videos included in my "add to collection" library. Sometimes a company training video on writing software plays. I have had it start playing our old home movies. Sometimes a P90X workout video comes up. 

What is going on? Why doesn't Kodi understand that Party Mode is only for the folder that it is in?

And if it isn't going to work as intended, how do I remove that button? There are things that I don't want family or visitors seeing when they sit down in front of our family TV.
Please start by providing us a debug log (wiki), the kodi.log file with debugging enabled.
Try to capture all that is important in the log file, so we can perhaps trace the problem(s).
Have you edited the Party Mode playlist?

Go to Videos -> Playlists -> Party mode playlist

Then you should see Type set to Music videos

If this is anything else then someone has changed it.
(2020-09-07, 06:57)Klojum Wrote: Please start by providing us a debug log (wiki), the kodi.log file with debugging enabled.
Try to capture all that is important in the log file, so we can perhaps trace the problem(s).

There don't seem to be any errors. It seems to be a settings problem which is why I did not include the debug log. But, if you want to see it, here ya go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFtkDJr...sp=sharing

It was too big for pastbin.com and your Kodi debug log area never would save the file, so I saved it to my Google Drive with the properties set to share to anyone with the link.

(2020-09-07, 10:09)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you edited the Party Mode playlist?

Go to Videos -> Playlists -> Party mode playlist

Then you should see Type set to Music videos

If this is anything else then someone has changed it.

Interesting. I don't think that I've ever used that screen before. But, other than a different time showing, I think my screen looks identical to yours:

Also, from the Music videos (wiki) tab, there are NO music videos listed. How do I fix this?

(2020-09-07, 14:01)jp2code Wrote: Also, from the Music videos (wiki) tab, there are NO music videos listed. How do I fix this?

You have to set the content to Music Videos when you add the source initially.  Also, you will need to install the music video scraper (TheAudioDb.com for Music Videos).  IIRC Kodi should prompt you to install it if it isn't already.  Then scrape the source. However, for a better experience, you might like to create some NFO_Files (wiki) with which you can add more stuff.  Also, you might be interested in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Got to leave for work, but I will look at the scraper when I get home.

The music videos folder is already set to Music Videos. I'll post the confirmation screenshot later. I'm already going to be late.
I think it is only intended to work with smart playlists?  There is a default "party mode playlist" that is created, that includes all music videos in the library.  But you can create a music video playlist with filters and play that in party mode.  I think the main advantage of party mode is that it only loads 10 music videos into the now-playing playlist, which loads much faster than loading an entire playlist.  (There's a second behavior for party mode that can be helpful, in that the first item in the now-playing playlist is always the item that is currently playing).

scott s.
OK, I don't know how it happened, but several of my media folders were set incorrectly. Music Videos was set to Movies and my folder with content that should have been set to None was set to Music Videos.

I made the changes. I'm guessing those changes take effect immediately. Thanks for the help. Case closed. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Party Mode in Music Videos0