Solved Kodi with external hard drive - can't set up properly
Hi !
I recently bought a Nvidia Shield tv pro. I connect an external hard drive, open Kodi.
The HD is found properly, however I'd like to set up a nice looking media center.
When I select "Movies" on the left, I get the message "Your library is currently empty. (...)" How can I make it so that it automatically displays the "movies" folder on my hard drive ? More precisely : how can I get something that looks like this : https://framalibre.org/sites/default/fil...17skin.jpg  ?
I tried a few things, "Add videos", displaying every menu I know of on the movies folder on my HD.
I'd like then to do the same for music, tv shows, etc.
Hope I'm being clear !
Thanks in advance, and good day to you.
@Doudowski

What you see in the image does not happen by magic when you plug in a hard drive. Sources and scrapers need to be set up.

Follow the guide here and let us know if you get stuck... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

Other links in My Signature below should help also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your answer!
Indeed, I wasn't using the right keywords, and couldn't find that page.
So I've organized the folders and files properly, and it works... As simple as that
Thanks a lot for your help!
Great to hear. Enjoy!!

Thread marked solved.

Out of curiosity, what were you searching for? We might need to add some new keywords.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-25, 13:05)Karellen Wrote: Great to hear. Enjoy!!

Thread marked solved.

Out of curiosity, what were you searching for? We might need to add some new keywords.

Was searching for words like "media organization" or "kodi nvidia shield", and I think I could have found it but it was definitely not among the first results !
Marking solved !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi with external hard drive - can't set up properly0