video splash screen
How do you add a video splash screen.
I thought is was skin settings - Gerneral settings - Activate Playlist at skin start up
Then add path to mp4 but kodi did not start up. So I created a playlist to the mp4 but it still did not work.
not sure what to do now.
@aceuk
I tested this with MQ 7 and MQ 8 and the intro video played for both. Is the mp4 local on the machine? I haven't tried to select an mp4 over the network.
(2020-11-14, 23:32)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
I tested this with MQ 7 and MQ 8 and the intro video played for both. Is the mp4 local on the machine? I haven't tried to select an mp4 over the network.
Yes it is on my pc. Does it have to be named something special.
Do you have to create a playlist for it if so what is the rule for it
@aceuk
No requirements on the name of the video and no playlist required. Have you tried to use a different video?
(2020-11-15, 00:53)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
No requirements on the name of the video and no playlist required. Have you tried to use a different video?
I have tried using another video. Still kodi loads but freezes.
This is a new install 18.9 all I have done on it is added some games.
@aceuk
That is puzzling. I tried this on Krypton, Leia and Matrix and it works for all three. Are you trying this on Windows 10?
(2020-11-15, 01:55)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
That is puzzling. I tried this on Krypton, Leia and Matrix and it works for all three. Are you trying this on Windows 10?

I am using windows 7 (64bit)
I have just tried the file in Aeon Nox Silvo and it worked ok even adjust the amount of time for video.
I tried the intro file thats with Aeon Nox Silvo in MQ8 but still no joy
I have tried this on 18.9 & 18.3 to see if it was a problem with a version but did not work on both.
Here is a debug log if someone can have a look and see what is wrong.

Debug Log

Line 393 is the line with my path to file (intro.mp4)

Thank you
@aceuk
I don't see anything funky that would keep it from working. I can try putting my intro video in the same location as yours, but I can't imagine that being the problem.
(2020-11-17, 18:23)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
I don't see anything funky that would keep it from working. I can try putting my intro video in the same location as yours, but I can't imagine that being the problem.
Thank you having a look.
I have put the file in a few different places but no joy.
Is there any other setting that needs to be enabled that I may not have done.
Would the fact that this file is 3 seconds longer make a difference.
@aceuk
I tried placing the video in the same folder as you did and it plays just fine. There are no other settings that need to be enabled for this to work. Not sure what you mean by 3 seconds longer...longer than what exactly?
(2020-11-19, 21:12)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
I tried placing the video in the same folder as you did and it plays just fine. There are no other settings that need to be enabled for this to work. Not sure what you mean by 3 seconds longer...longer than what exactly?

Thanks for trying. Sorry I'm confusing myself.The File I wanted was 15 sec long 3 more than the file that comes with Aeon Nox Silvo. Which I have also tried.
I thought about trying in the MQ7 skin to see if that worked, but it not available in the get more skins.
Don't know where to get it.
@aceuk
I follow you. The length does not matter. I have a 30 second intro and it plays just fine. If you want the Leia version of MQ 7, I have that available in this thread.
(2020-11-20, 03:16)latts9923 Wrote: @aceuk
I follow you. The length does not matter. I have a 30 second intro and it plays just fine. If you want the Leia version of MQ 7, I have that available in this thread.

Is that just the skin mod as it won't install get this message "script skin helper service could not be satisfied"
@aceuk
You can get the Skin Helper Add-on here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video splash screen0