Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?
pike Wrote:No I have not bought this keyboard, I'm helping a friend setup his

keycodes varies between Ubuntu versions it seems

I extracted 3 codes using XBMC so far in Intrepid: VolumeDown, Rec, Stop. The other special keys at top gives the SDL error

What's weird is that all keys seem to function in Gnome Desktop already
I haven't found a reliable way to extract the keycodes yet

Were you able to find the keycodes for xmbc? I have the same trouble as well. Also, have you does your dinovo mini crash and reboot when in clickpad mode? i get a blinking orange/red light then it powers down and appears to reboot itself...it appear to work fine when in trackmode though...
I am interested in getting this keyboard for my HTPC running XBMC on Windows 7. Do all of the keys (including the media control keys) work, or are people still having problems with or without Setpoint?
I use Logitech PS3 Cordless Mediaboard--works great and is cheap, around $35 depending. Uses RF not BT so has a pretty good range as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remN3ECnhW4

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3-Cord...B000MFLBBK
rickatnight11 Wrote:I am interested in getting this keyboard for my HTPC running XBMC on Windows 7. Do all of the keys (including the media control keys) work, or are people still having problems with or without Setpoint?

Download this first.
http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/

ÜberOptions isn't complete, but if solves most problems with mapping keys on Logitech keyboards. There's some keys though that you can't change.
Thanks, wreezig. I have used UberOptions before with my mouse when a few of my games did not support the mouse3-5 buttons. I guess this will have to do, but I find it a little unfortunate. Because I would most likely be using this computer for more than just XBMC, reassigning a key to some other value could get irritating. Unless there is an easy way to trigger "profiles" for individual applications, I would prefer that the original key mappings work.

I read earlier in the thread that older builds could handle the media keys (pause/play, forward/reverse, etc) natively, but as of a particular build this functionality broke. Does anyone have any information about this?
Hi all,

I was succesfull to make media center key work with XBMC. But same with everybody it would be great to be able to use multimedia keys. Still there is no way to do it?
i made an offer on craigslist for one of these today. it was accepted for 65 shipped. well pick up at the mall. but hey its a great little keyboard. much much small than initial thoughts, . however a delight.

Its a nice toy, could i every pay 150 for it. NO but for 65 it is nice.

i cant decide which is nicer though the dell gyration remote modded for standard pc or the mini. i guess for keyboard entry this thing rocks. but i didnt expect it to have a cell phone type keyboard i suppose.

Nevertheless, its staying.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
Hi Logitech diNovo Mini Users!

I'm considering purchasing a Mini for use with my XBMC-based media center running Windows Vista.

What's the current status of using the Mini's media keys in XBMC?
(Does XBMC recognize the keystrokes yet? Alternatively, will hacking a 'bit with uberOptions allow full use of the media buttons?)

I'm about ready to buy, but I'd just like to ensure there is some way to get the media buttons working first.

Thanks! Smile
Not that I know of. I'm using the uberoptions to get the keys to work properly. I would not get this as your main HTPC keyboard and mouse controler. It kinda sucks. It's a really cool toy to show people but there is not much beyond that. The directional pad does not work that great and is so much slower to use than a cheeper wireless mouse and keyboard.

Not worth the price tag at all!! If you have the money and already have a decent wireless mouse and keyboard then it can be fun to have. The build of the casing is also very cheep.
yep the arrow pad sucks big time, getting stuck a lot..beware, I have two of those and they both have the same defect, would not really recommend this keyboard
Thanks for the feedback, Flook and minimalko!

Do either of you have any suggestions as to a good alternative?

I'm just looking for something something slightly smaller and simpler than a full wireless keyboard and mouse.
sadly there is none afaik. I also have logitech harmony one remote which is sluggish. Perhaps the gyration remotes I don't know, never tried them. But if you are looking for micro keyboard with mouse you are left with dinovo mini I am afraid.
I just got the same kind of keyboard, and it works and doesn't work at the same time. what works:

- the mouse trackpad
- sound volume keys
- play / pause key, rewind key

what doesn't work:

- the fast forward key
- the enter key
- the arrow keys (when the mouse trackpad is in arrow mode, nothing happens)
- the backspace key

this is all strange, as all works fine when not running XBMC, basically all other applications on gnome.. did you encounter a similar issue?

I saw in the forum posts reference to setting VKEY values in a key mapping file - how would one get the VKEY values?
akos.maroy: I have the same problem, mostly happens when i play full hd files.

The only difference is that My track-pad stops working and only the arrow keys work. (running vista)
@akbr

I would say there is no great combo of a TV remote and keyboard and mouse. It really depends on how you plan on using your setup. I ended up using my HTPC as my main pc since it's so much better working on a 42inch screen.

I would get one of the cheaper logitech remotes to do the simple HTPC functions and a wireless keyboard and mouse for the pc aspect. I found a keyboard that I love and it's the HP Wireless Elite Keyboard. It's like they took a laptop keyboard and encased it. I love it. For the mouse I just use a cheap logitech laptop mouse. I plan on getting the Logitech vx nano. It's an awesome mouse.
Keyboard - http://www.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-FQ...B001IOHAVO
VX Nano - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6826104080

I'm so pissed. I payed 50 bucks for that keyboard and it's 17 on amazon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?0