Kodi as an iTunes alternative... questions for the forum
I'm hearing a lot of good things from technical friends that Kodi has potential as a media server and have thought about a test or even switching from iTunes.

I've been collecting music from cd's for decades so my iTunes collection is north of 40,000 plus personal recordings and a few thousands movies I archived from my dvd's.

Today I downloaded Kodi and it "self-maximized" adjusted to take up the whole screen and my mouse disappeared on my other two monitors.

I'm running highsierra 10.13.6 on an imac and wasn't sure why Kodi would highjack my mouse or how I could avoid it taking up a whole monitor.

The other issue is that I tried to import music into Kodi and it just gave me access to the tens of thousands of folders but I could not find its search function as I am not adding each folder one at a time.

Can you point me to a "new user" onboarding thread or is the mouse highjack a known issue in highsierra ?
(2020-11-29, 19:07)paintstone Wrote: Can you point me to a "new user" onboarding thread
https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page

(2020-11-29, 19:07)paintstone Wrote: is the mouse highjack a known issue in highsierra ?
Contrary to what your friends have told you, Kodi is not a media server. It is a media centre that is designed to be plugged directly into your TV, or into your AVR which is plugged into your TV.
When opened, Kodi will maximize to full screen, and mouse support is minimal. Its not meant to be a player that you minimize to the bottom of your screen while doing other things on your computer. If that is what you are after, you would be better off with Foobar2000 which is another fantastic player.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Press the \ key to get it into windowed mode. Far from ideal, but it does work if you are set on using Kodi. Is definitely not designed for standard desktop usage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi as an iTunes alternative... questions for the forum0