Multichannel Audio on Catalina
In older Mac OS Versions Kodi would decode multichannel audio on its own and pass it on to the Amp. On Catalina, that doesn't work anymore. It's only two channel stereo. And passthrough doesn't work either. Does anybody know why?
(2021-01-29, 20:33)scratsmacker Wrote: In older Mac OS Versions Kodi would decode multichannel audio on its own and pass it on to the Amp. On Catalina, that doesn't work anymore. It's only two channel stereo. And passthrough doesn't work either. Does anybody know why?

I have the same problem with Kodi 18, and went back to Mac OS Mojave, which works fine. Perhaps with Kodi 19 things work better.
(2021-02-01, 19:59)startapr Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 20:33)scratsmacker Wrote: In older Mac OS Versions Kodi would decode multichannel audio on its own and pass it on to the Amp. On Catalina, that doesn't work anymore. It's only two channel stereo. And passthrough doesn't work either. Does anybody know why?

I have the same problem with Kodi 18, and went back to Mac OS Mojave, which works fine. Perhaps with Kodi 19 things work better.
I'm in the process of rolling back to the old Mac OS version. Thank god for SuperDuper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multichannel Audio on Catalina0