Need to use keymap editor to remap a key so I can bring up the epg- where is it?
Years ago on another install I could remap the epg guide so I could program it to a specific key on my remote. 

Probably blind but I can't find it in my new install . I though it might be under live tv but so far can't find it
Any clues?

Thank you.
I use the Keymap Editor addon. It's in the Kodi repo.
(2021-02-18, 09:01)Atreyu Wrote: I use the Keymap Editor addon. It's in the Kodi repo.

I can't find the option in the keymap editor. Did they change the name of the guide function?
Thanks.
No, it's where it has always been. You are looking for Windows - Open TV guide
(2021-02-18, 16:23)Atreyu Wrote: No, it's where it has always been. You are looking for Windows - Open TV guide
Maybe there is something wrong with my install because that doesn't work and just brings up "programs"

I don't remember kodi being so problematic but I was using a much older version of kodi 16- I think.

Thanks.
These are my exact steps. You should be able to reproduced them

- Start Keymap Editor
- Choose 'edit'
- Choose your context (global, or player scenarios)
- Choose Windows
- Scroll to 'Open TV Guide' and select it
- Choose 'edit key'
- Press desired button
- Back out until you see the option to save
(2021-02-18, 19:58)Atreyu Wrote: These are my exact steps. You should be able to reproduced them

- Start Keymap Editor
- Choose 'edit'
- Choose your context (global, or player scenarios)
- Choose Windows
- Scroll to 'Open TV Guide' and select it
- Choose 'edit key'
- Press desired button
- Back out until you see the option to save

That is what I have been doing but it's not working. Even tried restating kodi with no luck.
Strange.
If you get thrown back to program add-ons root (if I understand correctly) then try to remove and reinstall keymap Editor. Also, a Keymap .xml might be borked. Maybe remove all keymap files and retry.
(2021-02-18, 21:43)Atreyu Wrote: Strange.
If you get thrown back to program add-ons root (if I understand correctly) then try to remove and reinstall keymap Editor. Also, a Keymap .xml might be borked. Maybe remove all keymap files and retry.

I got pulled on another project. Will try removing and reinstall tomorrow and will post outcome. Thanks!
(2021-02-18, 21:43)Atreyu Wrote: Strange.
Ok I reset my keymap and tried again. This time it worked but too good. Somehow this remapped the ok key  as well so I can't select anything. My guide key does work but now "ok" brings it up as well. Have to attach a keyboard to take back control and reset the keymap again. I tried this 2x with same results and not sure why it is remapping both functions . I am doing this in global maybe that is why? I will try it in other locations and see If I can find a happy medium where the guild works without remapping OK as well.

Will post outcome and if I get it working will post details..thanks.
Think I got it. I was using a key called guide with no luck, Tried menu key and this seems to work without screwing anything else up.

I need to set up my skip forward /reverse and I think I am home free.   Thanks for you help....!!
Glad it works for you !
Some remotes have these 'interlocked' keys. I think that might be the case with your guide button...

/Edit: yes, i see the same thing with the guide button on 2 mce remotes. On a minix remote it's two different buttons
Pretty sure that was what was going on. Now it's working great just need to upgrade to 19. Any idea why Google is blocking 19? I have 19 on a windows machine and it is working well but that is the x64 version.
We do the Android roll-out in a staged fashion with gradual releases to a given percentage of devices, with that percentage increasing over a few days.

As Android is such a diverse and fragmented ecosystem, it wouldn't be wise to release to everyone at once as thre's too much risk of certain families of devices experiencing issues, and we don't have enough developers or devices to be able to test everything up-front.

Give it a few days and it should be available from the store, or if you're in a particular rush and are able to do so, then you can download the apk from our mirrors and sideload it onto your device. It's the same file that is/will be on the Play Store.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-23, 22:07)DarrenHill Wrote: We do the Android roll-out in a staged fashion with gradual releases to a given percentage of devices, with that percentage increasing over a few days.

As Android is such a diverse and fragmented ecosystem, it wouldn't be wise to release to everyone at once as thre's too much risk of certain families of devices experiencing issues, and we don't have enough developers or devices to be able to test everything up-front.

Give it a few days and it should be available from the store, or if you're in a particular rush and are able to do so, then you can download the apk from our mirrors and sideload it onto your device. It's the same file that is/will be on the Play Store.

Because of the SMB being broken? What is interesting is NFS still works fine  and that is good enough for me.  I did not see the file here but got it on apkmiror and working fine. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to use keymap editor to remap a key so I can bring up the epg- where is it?0