Android tv Kodi 19.0
Hello, I am using Kodi on Android tv but on the google play store there is not the 19.0 matrix update... Can know when will Kodi 19.0 be available on the google play store on Android tv ?

I know I can download the apk file but I would like to update it via the google play store

Thanks
We always do the roll-out of Android via the store in stages, just in case there are any major issues given the range of devices involved.

At the moment only a percentage of the devices have Matrix available via the store, but as things seem to be going more or less OK at the moment then the distribution can be increased. That should happen over the next few days or so, at which point it should become available on your TV.

And even if you do update via the downloaded APK, that will not interfere with or block future updates via the Store. And the apk and store versions are the same, so there should be no difference going one way or the other if you have the capability to do so, other than when things are available.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-23, 17:02)DarrenHill Wrote: We always do the roll-out of Android via the store in stages, just in case there are any major issues given the range of devices involved.

At the moment only a percentage of the devices have Matrix available via the store, but as things seem to be going more or less OK at the moment then the distribution can be increased. That should happen over the next few days or so, at which point it should become available on your TV.

And even if you do update via the downloaded APK, that will not interfere with or block future updates via the Store. And the apk and store versions are the same, so there should be no difference going one way or the other if you have the capability to do so, other than when things are available.

Okay thanks !
(2021-02-23, 20:05)Bungee_G Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 17:02)DarrenHill Wrote: We always do the roll-out of Android via the store in stages, just in case there are any major issues given the range of devices involved.

Okay thanks !
Where can I get the apk? Google is blocking 19 for me as well. Thanks
(2021-02-23, 21:20)fletch101e Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 20:05)Bungee_G Wrote:

Okay thanks !

Just here : https://kodi.tv/download
(2021-02-23, 21:24)Bungee_G Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 21:20)fletch101e Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 20:05)Bungee_G Wrote: Okay thanks !

Just here : https://kodi.tv/download

apkmirror had it thanks..
Get it from our mirrors (here).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

hm...
MiBox S, AndroidTV OS:
- after the update, all settings are reset...
- a media library of approximately 3,000 films has disappeared
- Kodi does not see the windows network, so it does not reach the NAS
Do the Add-Ons not work?
no problem, who cares...
(2021-02-23, 22:56)rarki72 Wrote: hm...
MiBox S, AndroidTV OS:
Do the Add-Ons not work?
no problem, who cares..

As noted, Matrix uses Python 3 whereas Leia used Python 2. So any addon which has not been updated to Python 3 will no longer be compatible. If you can give some examples of addons which don't work, we can see what's what.

The Windows network (SMB) has been covered by several threads in this section, which contain solutions to resolving that one).

The library item - was it stored locally on the device or elsewhere via MySQL (wiki)? Did you uninstall Leia before installing Matrix, or was it done as a direct upgrade via the Play Store or APK install without any uninstall?

Are you sure the settings were reset, or is it just that you were using a skin that is not Matrix compatible and so you've fallen back to the default Estuary skin?

Kodi Blog Posts
So you decided to publish completely different version with major changes, without any old addon support, as normal update, which most of us have it set to automatic, without any warning that everything could be lost? That's wise. This should be published as separate app on store with option to migrate data from old v18. I've got it automatically updated to v19 on Sony ATV with only 4 addons and 1 skin - all from official repository - and library on Windows NFS Server. That's really basic setup. Kodi is crashing 10 seconds after dashboard appears and I can't do anything. The skin is back to Estuary of course. I guess the only option now is to clear data and start over with setup. Thanks.
(2021-02-24, 00:11)vgto Wrote: So you decided to publish completely different version with major changes, without any old addon support, as normal update, which most of us have it set to automatic, without any warning that everything could be lost? That's wise. This should be published as separate app on store with option to migrate data from old v18. I've got it automatically updated to v19 on Sony ATV with only 4 addons and 1 skin - all from official repository - and library on Windows NFS Server. That's really basic setup. Kodi is crashing 10 seconds after dashboard appears and I can't do anything. The skin is back to Estuary of course. I guess the only option now is to clear data and start over with setup. Thanks.

Addon devs had plenty of time to update your addons. Its not kodi 19 fault because they don't work. What addons don't work then ? Also user had plenty of notice too that some old addons that uses python 2 won't work. Unless they get updates.

What addons don't work ?
(2021-02-24, 00:18)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: Addon devs had plenty of time to update your addons. Its not kodi 19 fault because they don't work. What addons don't work then ? Also user had plenty of notice too that some old addons that uses python 2 won't work. Unless they get updates.

What addons don't work ?

Idk really what is causing my basic kodi setup to crash. Maybe it is not any addon, maybe it is Kodi itself (that will be even worse). I'm using only Google Drive addon, and 3 subtitles addons ( Napiprojekt, Napisy24, Opensubtitles ). None of them are doing major changes. I think also none of them are booting with Kodi. I'm not dev so I don't know what could be a problem. I'm just user who wanted to watch a movie and Kodi stopped working because of untested "stable" release. I don't get any popup with error, Kodi is suddenly shutting down to Android TV Launcher. I'm using Kodi since it was XBMC and none of updates get me as mad as this one Smile
@vgto that would be something that would require a debug log (wiki) to look into as probably a separate issue...

Grab one (the log uploader addon is the simplest route), upload it to our paste site and start a new thread with the link to the log and any more details of the issue you may be able to provide.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-23, 22:56)rarki72 Wrote:

hm...
MiBox S, AndroidTV OS:
Do the Add-Ons not work?
no problem, who cares...

python 2 is dead everywhere, there is nothing they can do about that. If you have critical add-on's wait till they are updated before you go to 19. I went to 19 because my 1 critical add on (PVR) has already been updated. Otherwise, I would not have upgraded.
The windows issue is easy to get around and NFS still works fine. Also turn off automatic updates in playstore so Google can't mess you up in the middle of the night like they love to do. I have 2 MiBox S's and 1 shield and have autoupdates turned off on all of them.
Hi!

Any of you with Android TV has this problem?:

My Mi Box 3 autoupdated to Kodi 19 and the official repo shows very few categories and few addons.
360782 (thread)

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android tv Kodi 19.00