Android Cannot play HEVC Main [email protected]@Main on smartphone
Hi all, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm playing with Kodi only since a couple of weeks.
I decided to convert my DVD collection to MKV, put it on a NAS, and use Kodi on different devices to play it.
My choice for coding is HEVC 10 bits (software x265) and AC3 audio.
Putting this sample file on NAS, I'm able to play it using Kodi 19 on Windows10 and on Amazon FireTV 4K, but not on my smartphone where a spinning wheel appear
and sample doesn't start.
I supposed it's a limitation of my smartphone hardware:

Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
CPU – Octa-Core (4 x 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A53, 4 x 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53) CPU Clock
Chipset – MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763V, 64-bit Processor
GPU – PowerVR GT71 MP2, 700MHz, 2-Cores GPU

But if I open it from NAS using MX Player on the same smartphone, sample file is played without problems using SW decode.
Then I did some more test, and the problem is related to the use of 10 bits.

I really don't want to give up to 10bits, cause most of these DVD/BD are ReMastered TV series from 60's/70's, but at the same time I'd like to be able
to access and playback from all my devices when I'm not at home.

Do I need to change the default video player on Kodi/smartphone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

HERE there's the sample mkv file I'm using.

I used this specifications: https://paste.kodi.tv/mixifulale (pasted by moderator)
I'm still workin'on it, trying to use and external video player, MX Player Pro in my case, to open 10 bits HEVC files. MXP as I wrote opens correctly these kind of files.
I tried using Wki for playercorefactory.xml

No success, instead of the spinning whell a messagge "External Player Active Click OK when Playback has ended" appear on screen, but file doesn't starts.
It seems to me that the external player is correctly started, but without a valid argument, file to play.

Is there someone who's able to use an external video player on Kodi 19.0/Android?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play HEVC Main [email protected]@Main on smartphone0