Access Media on Android TV using KODI
Question 
Hi All sorry these are probably going to be noob questions but I couldn't get a clear answer from what I have read so far.

So I want to set up a simple media solution for my elderly mother. I have go an Android TV so I am good for streaming apps, Live TV etc. What if need is a way for her to see all her photos, play mp3s (sorted in albums etc) and play movies/videos (mainly .mkv's).

Can I put all the media on an external HDD and connect it to the TV then use KODI on the Android TV to access and display all the media with just the Android TV App ? If so is there a good thread to start me on that will let me what add-ons i need etc ?

I still use EMBY so i need a server on a PC thats on etc. so i just want to make sure this will work before i invest a lot of time setting it up etc.

Thanks in advance Smile
never used KODI for music or photos, but my guess is that you just set sources and you are good to go. With HDD plugged directly to the TV it should be very easy and quite fast so not much to lose if you try it.
(2021-03-09, 06:44)mtvl Wrote: I still use EMBY so i need a server on a PC thats on etc. so i just want to make sure this will work before i invest a lot of time setting it up etc.
Add the photos to the Emby library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access Media on Android TV using KODI0