v19 Anyway to disable PVR
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it's proper to ask this but am I the only one that does not use PVR or Live TV or something like that? It seems to me that since v19 Kodi has made the PVR an internal component of the system so one can not easily disable the addon. However I'd really appreciate it if someone would let me know any possibility to disable it as every time I run Kodi a dialog pops up to remind me something that I don't really want. Thanks.
Go to the addon browser then my addons in that and disable any PVR addons that you may have installed and enabled.

PVR functions only appear when one or more such addons are installed and enabled.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-22, 17:27)DarrenHill Wrote: Go to the addon browser then my addons in that and disable any PVR addons that you may have installed and enabled.

PVR functions only appear when one or more such addons are installed and enabled.

A quick browse does not locate any addon that might has connections with PVR. I for sure have not installed any addon of that kind voluntarily either. However thanks for the tip.
Can you upload a debug log (wiki) to the paste site, then we can see what's what?

Details in the next post on how to upload, and then post the url to the log here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-22, 18:28)DarrenHill Wrote: Can you upload a debug log (wiki) to the paste site, then we can see what's what?

Details in the next post on how to upload, and then post the url to the log here.
Here it is and thanks.
You have some iptv add-ons installed that not only are likely to cause your issues, but probably halt support on this forum (not familiar with those myself).

There's a lot of replaced modules as well. Doesn't look good.

I would recommend starting with a clean installation and see if the issue persists.
OK, as you say, there's no PVR addons installed, but as noted above there are some rather dubious IPTV addons installed (which may be added to our banned addons (wiki) list, currently pending).

Are you sure it's PVR though, and not a notification from something like service.nextup.notification, script.tv.show.next.aired or some other addon?

Can you give details of exactly what the pop-ups or screens say, and when they appear?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-22, 18:45)DarrenHill Wrote: OK, as you say, there's no PVR addons installed, but as noted above there are some rather dubious IPTV addons installed (which may be added to our banned addons (wiki) list, currently pending).

Are you sure it's PVR though, and not a notification from something like service.nextup.notification, script.tv.show.next.aired or some other addon?

Can you give details of exactly what the pop-ups or screens say, and when they appear?
The dialog reads "You need a tuner, backend software, and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR. Please visit http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to learn more." with caption "No PVR add-on enabled". It comes up every time I launch Kodi or keep pressing ESC.
(2021-03-22, 18:44)Atreyu Wrote: You have some iptv add-ons installed that not only are likely to cause your issues, but probably halt support on this forum (not familiar with those myself).

There's a lot of replaced modules as well. Doesn't look good.

I would recommend starting with a clean installation and see if the issue persists.
That might be the case as I was dirty-upgraded from previous version.
(2021-03-22, 17:13)eos9d Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it's proper to ask this but am I the only one that does not use PVR or Live TV or something like that? It seems to me that since v19 Kodi has made the PVR an internal component of the system so one can not easily disable the addon. However I'd really appreciate it if someone would let me know any possibility to disable it as every time I run Kodi a dialog pops up to remind me something that I don't really want. Thanks.
Go into settings and goto the GUI interface settings and disable the TV item.
(2021-03-22, 18:53)eos9d Wrote: The dialog reads "You need a tuner, backend software, and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR. Please visit http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to learn more." with caption "No PVR add-on enabled". It comes up every time I launch Kodi or keep pressing ESC.
So it's this Dialog box:

That is usually caused by a bad keymap, pressing a PVR key like H, J or K will always bring up this Dialog. As mentioned before it could also be caused by rogue addons, so a clean install would be required.

Pressing ESC or simply booting would not cause this, and the reason for the message is because you don't have a PVR addon installed, but are somehow trying to access one.
(2021-03-22, 20:19)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-03-22, 18:53)eos9d Wrote: The dialog reads "You need a tuner, backend software, and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR. Please visit http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to learn more." with caption "No PVR add-on enabled". It comes up every time I launch Kodi or keep pressing ESC.
So it's this Dialog box:

That is usually caused by a bad keymap, pressing a PVR key like H, J or K will always bring up this Dialog. As mentioned before it could also be caused by rogue addons, so a clean install would be required.

Pressing ESC or simply booting would not cause this, and the reason for the message is because you don't have a PVR addon installed, but are somehow trying to access one.
This is my keymap setting, which contains no remap of PVR-related functions:
nextsubtitle volumeup volumedown subtitledelayminus subtitledelayplus updatelibrary(video) updatelibrary(video) subtitledelayplus subtitledelayminus audionextlanguage subtitledelayminus subtitledelayplus :
And by "keep pressing ESC" I mean while at any level of GUI view, when I press ESC, I go back to the previous view until the main view. And if I press ESC again here the warning pops up like Kodi was just launched.
(2021-03-22, 19:12)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2021-03-22, 17:13)eos9d Wrote: Hi guys,

Go into settings and goto the GUI interface settings and disable the TV item.

TV is not enabled, so this might not be the cause, thanks anyway Big Grin
Sorry I didn't know how to edit my reply so I add this new reply to show my keymap:
xml:
<keymap><pvrosdteletext><keyboard><key id="61514">nextsubtitle</key></keyboard></pvrosdteletext><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="61568">volumeup</key><key id="61569">volumedown</key><key id="61530">subtitledelayminus</key><key id="61528">subtitledelayplus</key><key id="61507">updatelibrary(video)</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo><home><keyboard><key id="61588">updatelibrary(video)</key></keyboard></home><playercontrols><keyboard><key id="61530">subtitledelayplus</key><key id="61528">subtitledelayminus</key><key id="61514">audionextlanguage</key></keyboard></playercontrols><global><keyboard><key id="61528">subtitledelayminus</key><key id="61530">subtitledelayplus</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
It's a process of elimination, do a fresh start by renaming C:\Users\GUI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ to C:\Users\GUI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi2\ then start Kodi. This will create a fresh Kodi folder. From there you will see the popup does not appear. Then you can start copying things over from the Kodi2 folder, such as advancedsettings, then databases, then keymap etc. It could be those dubious addons causing the issue, maybe keymap, maybe something else... the only way to pinpoint it is by trial and error.
(2021-03-23, 17:40)FXB78 Wrote: It's a process of elimination, do a fresh start by renaming C:\Users\GUI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ to C:\Users\GUI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi2\ then start Kodi. This will create a fresh Kodi folder. From there you will see the popup does not appear. Then you can start copying things over from the Kodi2 folder, such as advancedsettings, then databases, then keymap etc. It could be those dubious addons causing the issue, maybe keymap, maybe something else... the only way to pinpoint it is by trial and error.
Thanks for your kind help, I'll give it a try sometime.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to disable PVR0